IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Junk software being installed

slockey

Why is so much junk software being installed and advertised with ASC Pro (Which has been paid for)

I DON'T want Yahoo toolbar

I DON'T want My home page changing

I DON'T want DAP (It's a shocking program with an even worse reputation and history, doesn't work with firefox etc etc

I DON'T want to have to activenyl stop all this junk from being installed on my machine everytime there's an upgrade to the software.

Dammit all I've paid for this software why are you trying to fill my machine with crapware?

slockey-Is it really that big a deal.Nobody's forcing you to take this stuff.Is it annoying?Yes,agreed.But like many other developers,IObit needs to generate revenue and this is one way of accomplishing just that-through partnerships and direction of web traffic.If you really want to go on a rant,have a look at this list of developers employing the same marketing strategy.Some very reputable names there.As far as IObit's products,when I weigh price against performance,unchecking a couple of boxes still makes them a bargain in my opinion.Chill out and enjoy the benefits of some fine software.Final note regarding IObit on the reference to "system changes" on that list.I'm not aware of,nor have I experienced any "changes" to my system by not selecting the Yahoo toolbar.Hell,the author couldn't get the name of the product right.

If I want to rant I'll rant!

I don't have an issu if the company wants to raise money. If the software is free and they get income from advertising then fine. Bue the software is NOT free. I thought I had bought a product to maintain my PC, to keep it streamlined and lean. I did NOT think I had bought a front end to an advertising campaign.

As for the list of other developers that do the same thing. Thats just a list of software suppliers to avoid. DAP went down this route with their commercial software a few years ago and ended up installing malware which was attached to one of their 'addon' products. They didn't know it contained malware, but because it was installed along with their product they got the back lash. In the end they had massive problems with customers leaving them and had to provide a 'crapware' free version for paying cutstomers.

If the checkboxes were 'unchecked' and I had to actively say 'Yes I want to use bandwidth downloading these extra products and install them on my machine' that would be fine. But the point is, if I want Yahoo toolbar or DAP or any of the other junk, I'd go to their site download it myself and install it.

As it is IOBIT have lost corporate customer. Oh well who cares it's just one customer right?

I just want to add

In the Forum

use decorum,

use it in the proper way -

then we all enjoy our stay.

About ranting - this is also ok - especially if it has some substance behind it.

But the beginning of your phrase of not having an issue with IObit wanting to maximize it's earnings - rather annul the rest - don't you think?

There is some substance behind it - but if you accept that Iobit wants to earn some money, it does not warrant an aggressive comment in the forum - you ought to write IObit directly!

All forum members knows this - this is why we have a civil forum!

Cheers

solbjerg

Archived