IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problem with msvcrt.dll

Installed Smart Defrag 1.11 (got it from Downloads Digest link).

Tried to run. Get a popup message:

The procedure entry point _ltow_s could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll.

I am running Windows XP Pro, have all current service packs, patches, etc. installed.

Any help appreciated.

djb_95@yahoo.com

First try didn't work.

djb 95-sounds like a bad download or corrupted install.I would uninstall completely-follow instructions here-post #5, and then get a fresh download from one the sites listed here.Best of luck

I tried this, no luck. I downloaded a copy from another mirror and did a binary compare of the setup file to see if I had a corrupted download. No luck, it was the same. I did a 'remove' then cleaned up the directory and ran a registry cleaner then tried an install. No luck.

I'll try the ideas in the next posts.

Thanks

Hi djb 95,

You will find solution here for entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll problem.

Please read to the end.

Cheers.

I tried several msvcrt.dll files with no luck. The original installed in my \windows\system32 directory was version 7.0.2600.5512 created 4/30/2006.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Archived