IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problems with Yahoo (homepage) after installing Pro

Greetings, I just recently purchased ASCPro. After I installed it and ran a scan and cleaned, I'm having trouble logging into my att/yahoo account. When I do get logged in, I don't have use of all the yahoo applications (no backspace, no tabs, etc). At first I couldn't even get online. My login box is not the same. Looks more generic. I used Windows restore to go back to a previous point, and then reinstalled ASCPro again and ran a scan. Again the same problem. I've done this at least 3 times all with the same outcome. I've managed to get on line by clicking the Iobit box. I'm not familiar with registry items.I'm a little computer savy, but not enough to understand this. I've checked through the forums, but didn't find any simular problems. My computer runs Windows XP. I really like ASC as why I bought the pro version, but now I'm confused. Thanks, Chris:oops:

Hey Chris-Some of ASC's reg cleaning and/or computer optimization fixes are deleting information or changing a service relevant to your Yahoo application.Go back into ASC and choose Restore, then from the left pane Settings-make sure all boxes are checked.Now back to the Restore Center page and click on the date and time corresponding to the scan that caused the problem-now click on "undo changes".One note- if you found any of the previous boxes unchecked,then the "undo" feature will not help as the data would not have been backed up.If this doesn't work,use your system restore as you did before,but this time when you run ASC you MUST look at all of the proposed changes that it's going to make to your system BEFORE you hit "repair".This not only goes for the "clean registry" scan but even more importantly the System Optimization scan performed under Diagnose System.Please read through all of the contents of the thread "Usage of IObit products" found here.If you are not sure about a registry entry or a service change,please post back with your list of questionable entries-screenshots are much appreciated.

Re: trouble with Yahoo after scanning with ASCpro

Thank you for responding so quickly. I tried ASC's restore, but didn't work. Used system restore. That worked and then scanned computer. Checked System Opt. and ended up ignoring all entries. Also checked Registry and un checked anything having to do with yahoo and signing in (at least as much as I could understand). Checked it all out and when I clicked to log onto Yahoo and internet, it worked (yay). So far, so good. Now when all this happened I had checked "Deep Scan" which probably caused the problem. I will read thoroughly how to use the Pro version or how to use this program. Thank you again. Chris:grin:

Chris-Glad to hear.I don't think it was a "deep scan item" that bit you(could be wrong)If you have time,send a screenshot of the registry entries and definitely the "problems" (changes recommended) under System Optimization(all areas-system configuration,troubleshooting etc.)I'm sure we can get some more crap cleaned out and maybe even get you running a little faster.

Hi Chris,

I don't think I can help, but I thought you might want to hear from someone else on Yahoo. I haven't ever had anything come up on an ASC scan that has to do with yahoo and haven't ever had problems logging on after a scan. I am wondering what may cause the difference? I guess if you wanted to take the time to do it you could experiment by adding like items in groups to the ignore list & restoring untill you find the culprit entry.Takes a while sometimes but usually worth the effort.

samr.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived