IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

database file update failed

Me too

This started about a week ago. ASC goes through motions of downloading database update and announces successful completion but when history is checked, a failure is reported. Have tried several times every day. Even tried an uninstall and new download and install. No change. I have been using ASC for well over a year without any problems. About the only recent change or addition to my computer has been updating to new IE 8 browser. Something is wrong. When this many have same problem I suspect it is the software.

Check Your Folder

Hi all-I haven't had this problem to date-all downloads have beeen successful through March and earlier this month.Go to your ASC folder and then to updates and check for the 387KB file with today's date.I have one,even though "view history" indicates it failed,and subsequent openings of ASC propmt me for the new update.

Hi all,

Yes, there is a problem downloading today's DataBase file Def.dbd of size 387.18 KB, either from IObit's fast server or mirror server.

Please wait for IObit to solve the problem.

Anyway, ASC 3.2.5 is coming very soon.

Cheers.

EDIT: DOWNLOAD PROBLEM IS SOLVED BY IOBIT

Yes detailer, this is the file downloaded from today's update.

You can rename it and download the update, you will see that, a same new one is downloaded.

Also, renaming the one in the main folder and copying the new one to main folder does not change the behaviour of the update.

FYI, the existing Def.dbd in the main folder and the downloaded Def.dbd today to Update folder are absolutely same files. They match 100%.

My guess is IObit is going to change the place for the downloaded database file, and the ASC egine is not ready for the change yet.

They are trying, that's why I mentioned about the coming one!!!

For now, ignore the Database file (Def.dbd) of 387.13 KB update.

Cheers.

EDIT: DOWNLOAD PROBLEM IS SOLVED

Hi all-I haven't had this problem to date-all downloads have beeen successful through March and earlier this month.Go to your ASC folder and then to updates and check for the 387KB file with today's date.I have one,even though "view history" indicates it failed,and subsequent openings of ASC propmt me for the new update.

Like you my updates have been running smoothly since my installation. It's just this one that had me kinda puzzled but you were absolutely right. The file is there!:-) I checked! The same thing has been happening to me. It keeps telling me there is new update and I was downloading all the time (I stopped after the third time:lol:). Now I know that I don't have to anymore:) But does this mean that the installation was successful if it keeps asking me to download? Is there a glitch?:??? I guess we'll soon find out since there's supposed to be a newer version coming out?

I really think that this program has a lot of promise and the good is that it's free for the most part:)

Yes,Prisma,apparently there is a glitch,but note Enoskype's post #10 in this thread.Don't trouble yourself over this matter for now,as I'm sure the new version will set things straight.Mongoose-we don't get advance notice of updates,however,if you keep an eye on the News section of this forum, you will see an announcement on the same day as the new release(probably before your program notifies you)The Admin. is VERY prompt when announcing new version updates.

Updates have failed 5 times. File 387.13 on Pro 3.2.0

I have 3.2.0 Pro and have tryed to update tonight 5 times and it keeps failing. I have not had this problem before today to update. The size of the update is File 387.13kb. Thamks for the help and have a safe an great weekend. If someone gives me technical advise please understand that I am really a newbe to PCs an really challenged when doing something to them. Thanks again.

Thank you Krissy!

It now shows "downloaded with success", and it does not prompt you to update again.

So this was a speedy fix - thank you IObit!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi All,

"Download failed" problem has been solved now, please try to check for update again...

Archived