IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Auto Defrag issues

I've been noticing the following issues with Smart Defrag on my PC lately:

1. I set Auto Defrag to use Deep Optimization but when the program started, on the main menu, it only used "Defrag Only".

2. I've tried setting "Auto Defrag" but strongly believe it will still kick in when I don't want it too such as when I'm playing a game. I've disabled it but there was one time when the program was actually running in memory and I didn't start it nor was it scheduled.

I have two screenshots to show but their size is too big (in Word or other graphic formats) to upload.

Hi auutumn,

"Auto Defrag" will only run as "defrag only", it cannot be set for deep optimize. "Scheduled defrag" can be set for defrag only, fast optimize & deep optimize.

You might have to play with the settings in auto defrag 'pause" that works best for gaming. Or have you tried Game Booster?

samr.

I missed typed item #1, it should have said:

"I set the Scheduler to use Deep Optimization but when the program started, on the main menu, it only used "Defrag Only".

For item #2, I played with the options in many combinations and nothing worked as I expected so I've disabled it completely. Perhaps there's something else you (or I) could do to better handle this option. How do you detect if a game, be it a FPS or a MMO, is running?

Just my 2 Cents

auutumn-Forget that auto junk.It drains resources.Why defrag when you're fragging at the same time?Makes absolutely no sense.Run a defrag(manually launched) once a week or so before the end of the session and let SD shut down your PC for you-wake up refreshed!

Archived