IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cookies I Want to Keep But Can't Exlude

ebeard

I use a web-based website stats program called "Clicky" that sets a cookie so that my own visits to my web sites will not be included in visitor stats.

Each time I run ASC, it wipes these cookies out and I have to set them all over again. I went to "Options" and found the "Ignore List/Cookies" tab, but this particular cookie is never in this list. I see it on the list of cookies that ASC will delete when I run the scan, but again, not on the list where I have the option to exclude it from the scans.

Since this can't be manually added to the exclude list (to my knowledge), what can I do here?

Imho

In my opinion, I would untick cookies in asc3, and let Ccleaner or another program handle unwanted cookies. I would check back once in a while to see if IObit forum shows up in list. Mine did once I unticked cookies in AC3.[garybear]Then I moved it over.

Try this then, when do the scan and before you press repair goto the problems under spyware removal. See if your cookies are on the problem list. If you see them there right click the cookie and there will be a option to add to ignore list.

Hi ebeard

If you see it during the scan at "Remove Spyware and Adware" as a "problem" - then you just right click on it and choose "Ignore this problem"

This will place it in the Ignore list!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. hi mongoose , sorry I hadn't noticed your answer - you are right on the money!

I use a web-based website stats program called "Clicky" that sets a cookie so that my own visits to my web sites will not be included in visitor stats.

Each time I run ASC, it wipes these cookies out and I have to set them all over again. I went to "Options" and found the "Ignore List/Cookies" tab, but this particular cookie is never in this list. I see it on the list of cookies that ASC will delete when I run the scan, but again, not on the list where I have the option to exclude it from the scans.

Since this can't be manually added to the exclude list (to my knowledge), what can I do here?

cookies

Hi solbjerg. I have never seen any cookies in spyware and adware removal. I have never seen any thing there and have never been able to get into it to see any thing. When I click on it nothing happens. I have seen cookies in ASC3 ignore list and have IObit forum in it. Are you sure cookies show up there and not in privacy sweep or junk files?[garybear]

Hi gary

As I undestood him he said: "I see it on the list of cookies that ASC will delete when I run the scan" - and if he sees them during the scan as problems, he should be able place them in the ignore list.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg. I have never seen any cookies in spyware and adware removal. I have never seen any thing there and have never been able to get into it to see any thing. When I click on it nothing happens. I have seen cookies in ASC3 ignore list and have IObit forum in it. Are you sure cookies show up there and not in privacy sweep or junk files?[garybear]

Hi gary

C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Cookies

If you write this in the information/search bar in Internet Explorer

It will open a window where you can insert the cookie you want to place there, but be sure you have the right full name of the cookie.

fx. Cookie:owner@secunia.com/

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi enoskype. I'm sorry enoskype, but I didn't understand your post at all. I clicked intel .com and got this. I got crazy stuff when searched the web for the other pages. Sorry.[garybear]

I have never seen any cookies in spyware and adware removal. I have never seen any thing there and have never been able to get into it to see any thing. When I click on it nothing happens. I have seen cookies in ASC3 ignore list and have IObit forum in it. Are you sure cookies show up there and not in privacy sweep or junk files?

Sorry garybear, I should have been more precise.

Go to www.intel.com

Open some pages there such as "support" under "work". Then, close IE.

Run ASC, and Scan "Maintain Windows".

You will see that there will be at least 2 problems found for "Spyware Removal".

Click on 2 problems found, details window will open.

Right clicking on any of the spyware cookies will show the option of "Ignore selected problem".

Forget about the others, they were similar cookies seen as spyware by ASC.

Cheers.

Hi gary

No, not quite

I just edited my previous post to you - you apparently call yourself owner

But I can see that it needs a little more investigation from me before I have full understanding of the issue.

I was just that I remembered that I could use the addres line in IE to access the cookie list, but didn't check it out, sorry - I will when I have the time.

The cookie folder is not shown anymore, but it is there - probably on account of some settings in security in IE. (and also options in Folder Options)

If you right click on a cookie in ASC/Win Manager/Cookies and choose to go to the folder, it will show you all your cookies there, but you cannot add anything there - only delete or refresh.

I'll try to look into the issue, because it would be a good thing to be able to add a cookie that you want to keep.

But for now before you run a cleaning operation then go to to the

Win Manager/cookies and move those cookies you want to keep into the list of those that should not be cleaned.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I found a link that is informative: http://www.isilox.com/support/tutorials/IECookie/IECookie.htm

If you use Notepad++ you will be able to insert a copied cookie into the cookie folder, and then save it in the cookie option in ASC.

The easiest way is to have hidden system files shown, otherwise it is a bit more difficult to find the file and opening it. You then open the cookie file in Notepad++ and insert the copied cookie there.

Hi solbjerg. Are any of these screen shots close to what your telling me???

Sorry

Sorry solbjerg, didn't mean to sound like a smart xxx. I was just showing that I have no problem getting cookies in ignore list on ASC3. You are one of my heroes and have taught me much. My post sounded like I was a know it all and that's not what I intended.[garybear]

Hi gary

No reason to be sorry - perhaps I made a slight mistake in addressing my answers to you, should perhaps have written "Hi ebeard" instead.

So all is cool gary! Thanks for your excessively kind words :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Sorry solbjerg, didn't mean to sound like a smart xxx. I was just showing that I have no problem getting cookies in ignore list on ASC3. You are one of my heroes and have taught me much. My post sounded like I was a know it all and that's not what I intended.[garybear]

Hi ebeard

I found that if you open %userprofile%\cookies in Run after you have copied the cookie you want to add and placed it on the desktop - you can drag it into your cookie list, - even though you can't add it by other commands.

After that you will have to add it to the cookies you want to keep in the cookie application in ASC, - before running a cleaning.

Cheers

solbjerg

I appreciate all the replies, but nothing seems to work. I am using Vista and cannot even find the cookie folder. The command %userprofile%\cookies doesn't work on the "RUN" line in Vista, at least not for me....

Hi ebeard

Ok, in Windows XP you can go to control.exe folders - it Opens Folder Options (notice space between "exe folders") and then choose to have hidden system files shown - after that the cookie folder will be shown in Explorer.

(Folder options in control panel) if it works like that in Vista :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I appreciate all the replies, but nothing seems to work. I am using Vista and cannot even find the cookie folder. The command %userprofile%\cookies doesn't work on the "RUN" line in Vista, at least not for me....

Archived