IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Option to Autodefrag more drives or partitions

Option to Autodefrag more drives or partitions  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have been using SmartDefrag for several months now and I love it. There is only one thing that bugs me a little bit. For people that have: more than one partition, more than one hard drive, or a portable hard drive thats plugged in. The autodefrag feature doesn't defrag these "Secondary drives", I think they should add the option to: Autodefrag all hard drives or partitions, and or be able to select which ones you want autodefragged or exclude certain drives to be autodefragged. If this would be added, SmartDefrag would be perfect in my opinion!

Hi derek

This subject has been discussed several times, please find relevant posts.

Generally there are quite a lot of information in the threads "Think about Defragmentation!!!" and "USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS" in the Lounge section.

Some of the Scheduling options and some of the autodefrag options might benefit from from an extension of possibilities.

But some users even want to defrag their USB-sticks and this is generally not a good idea, while it doesn't have much effect apart from wearing out the USB-stick.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have been using SmartDefrag for several months now and I love it. There is only one thing that bugs me a little bit. For people that have: more than one partition, more than one hard drive, or a portable hard drive thats plugged in. The autodefrag feature doesn't defrag these "Secondary drives", I think they should add the option to: Autodefrag all hard drives or partitions, and or be able to select which ones you want autodefragged or exclude certain drives to be autodefragged. If this would be added, SmartDefrag would be perfect in my opinion!

Ok derek

Did you find it in the relevant posts?

As far as I remember you cannot autodefrag multiple drives.

But you can do a scheduled defrag of both your C: and D: drive as far as I remember.

I do not myself use the automatic functions.

IObit has been advised about these wishes -as mentioned in the thread "Usage of IObit Products" in the Lounge section - under SmartDefrag and elsewhere - some links there to other threads discussing this topic.

Cheers

solbjerg

Well yes I know you can't defragment USB drives and besides the point, its useless. But I'm talking about autodefragging multiple partitions or if you have more than one hard drive in your computer, this is a must!

Archived