IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Pro V3.2.0 Does Not Execute At Windows Startup

HappyHog

My problem is that my Advanced SystemCare PRO version 3.2.0 does not execute at Windows Startup. I've tried clicking on the option and other options in the General Setting and exiting the program in hopes it would save my setting but after I reboot the program it still does not launch at startup. I've tried adding a copy of the shortcut from the Programs folder into the Startup folder and that becomes real cumbersome since I'm running Windows Vista Business (32 bit) because the User Account Control funtion in Vista keeps blocking the shortcut in Startup until I click to allow it to start.

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling using a clean uninstall / install process. This included deleting the appropriate ASC3 folder in the Programs folder and I also ran CCleaner between installations to both clean the deleted files from the Recycle Bin and to clean up any registry files (which it found none to correct / clean).

I'm getting to my wits end and I hope that all I need to do is change a registry entry (I know how but don't know which one - if any) or edit a setting (i.e. INI) file. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Sincerely,

Soon to be a hairless HappyHog.

Hi HappyHog

Have you tried to check if ASC is allowed in your firewall settings - sorry I do not know how that works in Vista.

Cheers

solbjerg

My problem is that my Advanced SystemCare PRO version 3.2.0 does not execute at Windows Startup. I've tried clicking on the option and other options in the General Setting and exiting the program in hopes it would save my setting but after I reboot the program it still does not launch at startup. I've tried adding a copy of the shortcut from the Programs folder into the Startup folder and that becomes real cumbersome since I'm running Windows Vista Business (32 bit) because the User Account Control funtion in Vista keeps blocking the shortcut in Startup until I click to allow it to start.

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling using a clean uninstall / install process. This included deleting the appropriate ASC3 folder in the Programs folder and I also ran CCleaner between installations to both clean the deleted files from the Recycle Bin and to clean up any registry files (which it found none to correct / clean).

I'm getting to my wits end and I hope that all I need to do is change a registry entry (I know how but don't know which one - if any) or edit a setting (i.e. INI) file. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Sincerely,

Soon to be a hairless HappyHog.

Hi HappyHog

Have you tried to check if ASC is allowed in your firewall settings - sorry I do not know how that works in Vista.

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have Norton Internet Security (NIS 2009) and I reviewed the Program Control section. I have another PC that is built & configured exactly like the one having the problem and it has ASC v3 running just fine. I compared the firewall settings and found a few differences so I added those 'Allows'. Even after numerous reboots and clean uninstalls / installs I still have the same problem. I also made sure that as many programs as possible (including NIS 2009) were not running during the install. Still the program will not load at Windows startup.

There was a version 2 on both systems previously and both systems were originally upgraded on top of version 2. The first system worked fine with the overlay and I then deleted the version 2 folder in the IObit folder. The second system (problem system) worked fine w/version 2 but would not load at Windows startup when overlayed with version 3. That's when I ran into all the problems and decided to use the clean install method. I even went back and installed version 2 and tried a clean install / uninstall and that did not help with version 3.

Are there any registry entries that could be set (i.e. changed from a 0 to a 1) that would force the program to load at Windows startup? An INI file would be nice to edit but I don't see one for version 3.

I'm hoping I don't have to rebuild the entire system to make this software load at Windows startup. I've searched these forums and the Internet but I haven't seen an answer to this problem anywhere else. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

HappyHog with a few more hairs missing...

Hi HappyHog

Did you remember to delete the ASC folder in C:/programs/IObit/ ASC

before the clean install.

Did you read the post Install-Uninstall-Reinstall-

If affirmative - I am non-plussed.

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have Norton Internet Security (NIS 2009) and I reviewed the Program Control section. I have another PC that is built & configured exactly like the one having the problem and it has ASC v3 running just fine. I compared the firewall settings and found a few differences so I added those 'Allows'. Even after numerous reboots and clean uninstalls / installs I still have the same problem. I also made sure that as many programs as possible (including NIS 2009) were not running during the install. Still the program will not load at Windows startup.

There was a version 2 on both systems previously and both systems were originally upgraded on top of version 2. The first system worked fine with the overlay and I then deleted the version 2 folder in the IObit folder. The second system (problem system) worked fine w/version 2 but would not load at Windows startup when overlayed with version 3. That's when I ran into all the problems and decided to use the clean install method. I even went back and installed version 2 and tried a clean install / uninstall and that did not help with version 3.

Are there any registry entries that could be set (i.e. changed from a 0 to a 1) that would force the program to load at Windows startup? An INI file would be nice to edit but I don't see one for version 3.

I'm hoping I don't have to rebuild the entire system to make this software load at Windows startup. I've searched these forums and the Internet but I haven't seen an answer to this problem anywhere else. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

HappyHog with a few more hairs missing...

Archived