IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Color Management and Advanced SystemCare

roa

When ever I open Advanced SystemCare, something happens to my color management. I have my 2 LCD monitors color managed with ColorVision Spyder2Pro. When I open ASC, the color management seems to disappear. If I right-click on the desktop, then Properties/Settings/Advanced/Color Management the color profile that I created with ColorVision is shown. I can click on Set As Default and Apply, but the Color Profile is not reset until I restart the computer. I can't figure out what just opening ASC is doing to the color management. Any ideas?

Hi roa,

It may be an incompatability issue with that particular software, I don't know if this will correct it, but after moving both left-right, please slide the transparency and brightness sliders to the far left in Options, User Interface section and click Apply.

Cheers.

I am not quite sure what you are saying about moving left-right and adjusting the transparency and brightness sliders....

Could you tell me where to find these? What Options? Thanks, Ron

Ron.Open ASC and near the top, chose Options.Then from the next window, look all the way to the bottom of the left pane and select User Interface.Now you will see the slide style adjustments that Enoskype is referring to.By moving both slides to the left,you will be set for minimum transparency and brightness. This has worked for other users that have had similar issues with excessive brightness on their display when opening ASC.

ASC sliders...

Thanks for the explanation. I opened ASC and moved both sliders to the left. Unfortunately nothing happened. I still have to restart the computer for my Color Management profile to have any effect. Maybe there's something in ASC that does this, but I have no idea where to look. It's a handy program. I just don't like to have to restart to regain my color management profile.

Hi roa

Please read this thread: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1979

My guess is that next time you have repaired your colour scheme you should take an interest in the items labeled "problems" in the system optimization and place those related to your colour scheme in the ignore list before clicking repair to the cleaning operation in ASC. Don't use the middle "Care" button, but rather the two other options for cleaning - until you have configured your settings.

Do you have it running automatically?

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for the explanation. I opened ASC and moved both sliders to the left. Unfortunately nothing happened. I still have to restart the computer for my Color Management profile to have any effect. Maybe there's something in ASC that does this, but I have no idea where to look. It's a handy program. I just don't like to have to restart to regain my color management profile.

ASC messes my color profile too

My screens brightness is increased when I double-click ASC's tray icon. I have used ASC for about 6 months and it has always done that. Transparency and brightness slides are both moved to left.

ASC & screen brightness

Thanks for your post. That is exactly what happens to me. When I just click on the ASC icon on the right hand side of the system tray, the screen color gets much brighter. If ASC is making a change in my color profile I have no idea how to make it an exception because nothing ever shows up that is remotely related to color profile/management. It is just something that happens when I open ASC. That is ALL I have to do. Weird.

Pray??

Hmm..I'm not sure that will work. I would like to know what the problem is though. I have just stopped using it for the most part since I have to reboot to get the color profile loaded again....and all it takes to lose the color profile is just clicking on the ASC icon. I keep returning to see if there is a fix. Nothing yet.

Archived