IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Blue Screen - Vista SP2

Hi there

I've been getting blue screens since Beta 4, and now also the final version. I've been checking my hardware with various programs(although I was positively sure it wasn't my hardware since my gig is around 3 months old only).

I'm one of those who likes to format my computer every now and then, so I can say that the blue screen error doesn't appear on Windows XP 64bit for me. The OS I'm getting the blue screens on is Swedish Windows Vista Business Edition 64-bit, with the latest release candidate of SP2 installed. I've updated all of my drivers ofcourse, and tried to google to the best of my knowledge, without results.

I suspect that there is a process in the list of processes in Game Booster that maybe windows doesn't like that it turns off in SP2, but I don't know for sure. The error the blue screen is showing is 0x0000003D, which is a typical stop handler error, which indicates well, nothing really, just that windows stopped working it seems, as there are so many different reasons for it to show, one can't be certain.

Well anyway, I really like this program, and I would like to be able to use it with SP2 also :)

Any input in this matter at all is appreciated, thanks!

Hi Nischi

Doesn't sound good :-(

Have you tried a clean install?

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=11513#post11513

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi there

I've been getting blue screens since Beta 4, and now also the final version. I've been checking my hardware with various programs(although I was positively sure it wasn't my hardware since my gig is around 3 months old only).

I'm one of those who likes to format my computer every now and then, so I can say that the blue screen error doesn't appear on Windows XP 64bit for me. The OS I'm getting the blue screens on is Swedish Windows Vista Business Edition 64-bit, with the latest release candidate of SP2 installed. I've updated all of my drivers ofcourse, and tried to google to the best of my knowledge, without results.

I suspect that there is a process in the list of processes in Game Booster that maybe windows doesn't like that it turns off in SP2, but I don't know for sure. The error the blue screen is showing is 0x0000003D, which is a typical stop handler error, which indicates well, nothing really, just that windows stopped working it seems, as there are so many different reasons for it to show, one can't be certain.

Well anyway, I really like this program, and I would like to be able to use it with SP2 also :)

Any input in this matter at all is appreciated, thanks!

Okay I'm back, I've just formated my computer(Yes, again :P), and now I have an english version of vista, I also have the RC of SP2 installed again, still getting blue screens, which suggests that there really is something about the sp2 for windows vista 64 bit. Can anyone confirm my suspicions ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, I just thought I ought to pop back in and tell you all that I've managed to find out what the problem was, and how to fix it. It has to do with the software for the mouse called Microsoft Habu. When enabling Gaming Mode, be sure to NOT tick the box with "razerhid.exe". I'm not sure why blue screens appear only because of the software shutting down, but it does, and this will prevent that from happening. Now I'm happy as a clam with the Game Booster :)

Hope this prove to be helpful for someone.

• 11 months later...

Archived