IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Not enough space

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yea!

Thanks CT, and that looks pretty good. but money is pretty tight, and even $50 is out of sight right now. wish I could find a "loaner" for a week or so.

Yes, solgberg, I have done several system restarts, mostly out of anger and trying to "hurt" to problem. Great feeling to just turn the power off. (Yea, I know I shouldn't do that).

Megaman, I have tried 5 different defrag programs, run chkdsk several times with all the options and some I made up like /fix the f**ker. I cleaned everything so much that junk isn't in my vocabulary anymore. How about 6 different registry cleaning programs. they all seem to do the same thing, although after running some of them and fixing all the problems, I re-run the program, and it still finds errors. Did this about 5 times with one program before it finally showed no more problems. I might have to try Disktrix UltimateDefrag and see if it does any different than the others, but I doubt it.

There is probably a simple answer to what is going on, so I guess I need to hear from a simple minded person to figure it out. :-P

I really appreciate all the response, and I promise if I ever find the key to this problem, I will sure let everyone know. Anyone want to participate in a group prayer? :grin:

- Noel

Thanks CT, and that looks pretty good. but money is pretty tight, and even $50 is out of sight right now. wish I could find a "loaner" for a week or so.l

Well, if you were thinking about buying something like that, maybe this would be the right time for a product test of a returnable model.

:-)

I'm just saying

CT

How about 6 different registry cleaning programs. they all seem to do the same thing, although after running some of them and fixing all the problems, I re-run the program, and it still finds errors.

- Noel

Have you tried the free program MV RegClean? It finds and fixes more Registry errors than any other program I've used.

~Maxx~

Have you tried the free program MV RegClean? It finds and fixes more Registry errors than any other program I've used.

~Maxx~

Your link to Softpedia for MV-RegClean ends up trying to download RegCure which I have tried. Thanks though for the suggestion!:-P

Hi nct

Have you tried a chkdsk /r ??

Cheers

solbjerg

Well, after a crash, and getting my computer back up with no file loss (amazing!)

I finally decided to run windows defrag from the safe menu, dos prompt. It ran and did it's thing, but guess what? with all the reported "free space" after running Smart defrag, look at the attached screen shot. notice that there is very little "free space" showing. The red is gone, but now it has been replaced by "rarely used" which would seem to imply that windows seems to think there is data there of some sort.

After doing a defrag, I am at 0 fragmentation, but still not showing "free space", yet there seems to be almost 50% of disk free space (see attached screen shot.)

I have as of yet not come up with a 100GB drive to try and transfer everytihng back and forth, but I guess that is the only thing I can do at this point. . . . . unless you have another idea. :!:

- Noel

Solbjerg, he has tried that several times. Despite the fact that we keep implying it. Also, any word on the progress, NCT53?

Yes, solgberg, I have done several system restarts, mostly out of anger and trying to "hurt" to problem.

Megaman, I have tried 5 different defrag programs, run chkdsk several times. Noel

Hi nct

We just had a user with a similar problem. It was resolved by removing the checkmark in "Ignore files larger than"

By me it is only "Ignore files larger than" 10 MB, that generates the black squares in place of the blue and grey - my free space is not affected.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks CT, and that looks pretty good. but money is pretty tight, and even $50 is out of sight right now. wish I could find a "loaner" for a week or so.

Yes, solgberg, I have done several system restarts, mostly out of anger and trying to "hurt" to problem. Great feeling to just turn the power off. (Yea, I know I shouldn't do that).

Megaman, I have tried 5 different defrag programs, run chkdsk several times with all the options and some I made up like /fix the f**ker. I cleaned everything so much that junk isn't in my vocabulary anymore. How about 6 different registry cleaning programs. they all seem to do the same thing, although after running some of them and fixing all the problems, I re-run the program, and it still finds errors. Did this about 5 times with one program before it finally showed no more problems. I might have to try Disktrix UltimateDefrag and see if it does any different than the others, but I doubt it.

There is probably a simple answer to what is going on, so I guess I need to hear from a simple minded person to figure it out. :-P

I really appreciate all the response, and I promise if I ever find the key to this problem, I will sure let everyone know. Anyone want to participate in a group prayer? :grin:

- Noel

Hi nct

IObit tells me that they have found the problem and that it will be fixed in the next update to v.1.2 probably by the end of the month.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi nct

We just had a user with a similar problem. It was resolved by removing the checkmark in "Ignore files larger than"

By me it is only "Ignore files larger than" 10 MB, that generates the black squares in place of the blue and grey - my free space is not affected.

Cheers

solbjerg

Archived