IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

updated to Office SP2 today, now have to reinstall ASC when I reboot?

UGH.

I ran Windows update today, had the following updates installed:

A bunch for Office 2007 (11 files total)

Update for MS Script Editor Help KB963671

Now, when I reboot, I click on the ASC icon and nothing happens. I go into my Start menu and click on ASC, and nothing happens.

I've tried rebooting again, and can't get ASC to work.

The only way I can get it to work is to reinstall ASC. Then, it works fine until reboot, and I go through the entire cycle again.

I'm running Vista (32 bit) Home Premium.

I have ASC 3.3.x Professional

Any suggestions how to get around the need to reinstall every time I want to run the program?

Thanks in advance.

Hi spaniel

One possibility could be that ASC is blocked by some security - try adding it to your exeptions in the firewall.

Even though I still run on XP I still think that it is a good idea to un-block your downloaded install file before installing.

Cheers

solbjerg

UGH.

I ran Windows update today, had the following updates installed:

A bunch for Office 2007 (11 files total)

Update for MS Script Editor Help KB963671

Now, when I reboot, I click on the ASC icon and nothing happens. I go into my Start menu and click on ASC, and nothing happens.

I've tried rebooting again, and can't get ASC to work.

The only way I can get it to work is to reinstall ASC. Then, it works fine until reboot, and I go through the entire cycle again.

I'm running Vista (32 bit) Home Premium.

I have ASC 3.3.x Professional

Any suggestions how to get around the need to reinstall every time I want to run the program?

Thanks in advance.

Hi spaniel

One possibility could be that ASC is blocked by some security - try adding it to your exeptions in the firewall.

Even though I still run on XP I still think that it is a good idea to un-block your downloaded install file before installing.

Cheers

solbjerg

I've already given ASC full access.

I've been running ASC in its various forms for almost two years, so this isn't a new install. Also, ASC was running okay prior to the Windows Update.

But, to let you know what I've tried:

1. I've disabled my Anti-Virus - no effect (AVG Anti-Virus 8.5.x)

2. I've disabled my firewall - no effect (PC Tools Firewall Plus (5.x)

3. I've disabled my anti-malware - no effect (Ad-Aware AE 2009 and PC Tools Threatfire)

I've done these individually and all at the same time.

Also, once it is removed/reinstalled, ASC runs fine until the next reboot. But, if I close out the program and try to start it up again, it won't.

I'd really prefer to not have to remove/reinstall ASC every time I want to reboot. I hope I've provided information that you can help...

Hi spaniel

I would try an absolutely clean install

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=11665#post11665

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=11513#post11513

And after the reg. cleaning by another application - throw in a restart.

Be sure that you do not have any IObit automatic applications running in the background.

Some settings must have been changed by your Office update.

Do they work correctly?

Did you update those too while having automatic functions running?

Best of luck!

Cheers

solbjerg

I've already given ASC full access.

I've been running ASC in its various forms for almost two years, so this isn't a new install. Also, ASC was running okay prior to the Windows Update.

But, to let you know what I've tried:

1. I've disabled my Anti-Virus - no effect (AVG Anti-Virus 8.5.x)

2. I've disabled my firewall - no effect (PC Tools Firewall Plus (5.x)

3. I've disabled my anti-malware - no effect (Ad-Aware AE 2009 and PC Tools Threatfire)

I've done these individually and all at the same time.

Also, once it is removed/reinstalled, ASC runs fine until the next reboot. But, if I close out the program and try to start it up again, it won't.

I'd really prefer to not have to remove/reinstall ASC every time I want to reboot. I hope I've provided information that you can help...

Hi spaniel

I would try an absolutely clean install

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=11665#post11665

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=11513#post11513

And after the reg. cleaning by another application - throw in a restart.

Be sure that you do not have any IObit automatic applications running in the background.

Some settings must have been changed by your Office update.

Do they work correctly?

Did you update those too while having automatic functions running?

Best of luck!

Cheers

solbjerg

I believe I've discovered the problem...

It seems to be something buried in Windows and the UAC.

If I right-click on ASC and choose "Run as Administrator" then the program runs.

If I simply click on ASC and run "normally" it won't run at all.

I'm not sure how to get around this change so I don't have to choose to run as Administrator all the time (I am the Administrator), but at least I'm not having to reinstall every time I reboot.

Hi spaniel

Great!

How are your settings in User account in the control panel?

Do you have an administrator account and also a personal account with administrator priviliges + perhaps a host of user accounts?

Cheers

solbjerg

I believe I've discovered the problem...

It seems to be something buried in Windows and the UAC.

If I right-click on ASC and choose "Run as Administrator" then the program runs.

If I simply click on ASC and run "normally" it won't run at all.

I'm not sure how to get around this change so I don't have to choose to run as Administrator all the time (I am the Administrator), but at least I'm not having to reinstall every time I reboot.

Hi spanielsells,

Go to the main ASC 3 folder (right click on the icon and click "Open File Folder (F)", and right click on AWC.exe.

Click on "Properties", click on "Compatability" tab and choose "Run As Administrator", "Apply" and click "OK".

This wll run the program in Administrative mode.

Cheers.

Hi spaniel

Great!

How are your settings in User account in the control panel?

Do you have an administrator account and also a personal account with administrator priviliges + perhaps a host of user accounts?

Cheers

solbjerg

Solbjerg,

No, I only have one account - my own, and I'm listed as Administrator.

Hi spanielsells,

Go to the main ASC 3 folder (right click on the icon and click "Open File Folder (F)"), and right click on AWC.exe.

Click on "Properties", click on "Compatability" tab and choose "Run As Administrator", "Apply" and click "OK".

This wll run the program in Administrative mode.

Cheers.

DING DING DING DING DING!

Enoskype has the answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so very much!

just finished office2007 sp2 update. what a saga the install of the update kept freezing on 8%, could not even restart pc as a screen came up saying do not turn off installing 1 of 4.

after ages pulled the plug re booted and reinstalled the sp2 which went ok 2nd time.

had to run ASC as administrator, used norton uac tool for it to run without asking again.

just finished office2007 sp2 update. what a saga the install of the update kept freezing on 8%, could not even restart pc as a screen came up saying do not turn off installing 1 of 4.

after ages pulled the plug re booted and reinstalled the sp2 which went ok 2nd time.

had to run ASC as administrator, used norton uac tool for it to run without asking again.

Sunny, thank you for this! I was unaware of Norton UAC. I've installed it and am already in love with it!

Archived