IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Spyware settings function?

<Sigh> Where do I begin? I don't see anywhere in ASC to create settings in the Spyware section. Several Microsoft & other software .exe files have made it into "Blocked" status & they flash on the screen too fast to visually capture the file names. I've searched, but cannot find a place that tracks/displays all the blocked "spyware" item by item. Is there such a feature? Is there a way to UN-block an item? Or is the program smart enough to possibly determine that these are "bad" files with good file names?

Naturally the PC guru who recommended that I install ASC just told me to hit the CARE button from the beginning, so this has been getting to be a progressively longer list over the past few months (year?).

I meandered through the restore area a few days ago searching for a way to resolve my dilemma, noticed it was set to retain only the last 20 & I upped that to 100, but now I cannot get restore to open at all!:( I closed out of ASC totally & re-opened it & still nothing happens when I click on Restore either at the top of the home page, nor in the Administrative Options section. But since it was originally set for 20, I doubt that there'd be an old enough back-up point to undo everything.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Hi lapaz

The first place to start is to read Usage of IObit Products thread in the Lounge section.

Do NOT use the Care function the first few times you run scans!!

About Security Defence, you just click on "Problems" or "No problems" and check if there are some you will allow - place those in the ignore list, -

3 sectors to check!

By now though I think that the best course will be an absolute clean install, - read about that too in Usage of ----, no automatic functions of the program running in the background - not the program itself either, then uninstall and delete the ASC folder

But please read about it it in the thread!!

When you have it installed again, then do not use the care button!

And when you run the scans check ALL "problems"/details" before clicking Repair!!

Place those you want to keep in the ignore list.

Cheers

solbjerg

Cheers

solbjerg

<Sigh> Where do I begin? I don't see anywhere in ASC to create settings in the Spyware section. Several Microsoft & other software .exe files have made it into "Blocked" status & they flash on the screen too fast to visually capture the file names. I've searched, but cannot find a place that tracks/displays all the blocked "spyware" item by item. Is there such a feature? Is there a way to UN-block an item? Or is the program smart enough to possibly determine that these are "bad" files with good file names?

Naturally the PC guru who recommended that I install ASC just told me to hit the CARE button from the beginning, so this has been getting to be a progressively longer list over the past few months (year?).

I meandered through the restore area a few days ago searching for a way to resolve my dilemma, noticed it was set to retain only the last 20 & I upped that to 100, but now I cannot get restore to open at all!:( I closed out of ASC totally & re-opened it & still nothing happens when I click on Restore either at the top of the home page, nor in the Administrative Options section. But since it was originally set for 20, I doubt that there'd be an old enough back-up point to undo everything.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Archived