IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Nobackups created!!

JoJoA

I just installed advanced windows care and ran several repairs. However, when i went to the Restore center, there were no backups listed, even though the options showed I wanted backups for all the modules. What happened!! Hopefully I won't need to restore, but now I'm afraid to use the program further. I am using WinXP SP2 with all updates applies.

I also had a problem when I ran the registry repair. It seemed to have hung and gave no indication it was removing the checked items. However, when I ran it the next time, most of the items I checked were no longer reported, so I assume it did run. this seems to be a bug.

Anyone have any info on these problems?

Hi JoJoA,

Backups usually don't appear in restore center until the program is exited and re-opened. Check it after computer is re-stareted or program has been closed and re-stareted, then post results.

samr.

No Backups

I did what you suggested even before posting. I exited the program and then reentered it. Still no backups. I also rebooted the computer and still had no backups. The folder where the backups should be is empty.

I made another repair after rebooting and the program still does not seem to be creating backups. I have made Windows System Restore backups but don't feel comfortable relying only on those.

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that helps and will post back.

Update on problem

I reinstalled the application. The next time I used it, I made the repairs from the main window rather than the individual window and a backup was created. Should a backup be made when repairs are made from the details window? Also, I unchecked all but two repairs abut the program repaired ALL the problems, including those I had unchecked. When I made repairs earlier from the details window, only the checked repairs were made (but no backup was made.) I'd like to know just how the program works.

1. Will it only made a backup if the repairs are initiated from the main screen?

2. Is there a way to select what repairs will be made if I want to repair from the main screen? Or can selective repairs only be made from the details window?

3. Does the program have to be started in order for the spyware immunizations to be effective? Does it replace Spybot, which also "immunizes"?

Hi JoJoA,

1. That is correct. Backups are only made when repaired from the main window.

2. After scanning, go to "see details" of each module and un-check anything you don't want repaired. Then click "OK". Once you have un-checked anything you don't want repaired, click "repair" in main window, Every thing that you have selected in options to back up should be there next time you open program.

3. The security defense will remain active when program is not running. It does work alot like spybot immunization,blocking different things in your browser. However, each one has different things that they block. (some are the same, so if you "un-immunize" or un-install one of the programs, you may have to "re-immunize" in the other.

samr.

Some problems solved; others still there

I did find that only those items I left checked were deleted/repaired, even though the popup box reports the full number being repaired. However, I'm still having problems with the backup feature, both on XP where I first installed and on my new Vista computer. I asked backups to be made for all modules. I scanned only for optimization changes and made the repairs. No backup made. I scanned for security immunizations needed and made repairs; a backup was made. Then I did registry problems and corrected some of them. There was no backup created. More often than not, no backup is being made with your latest version. It makes me quite wary of doing repairs that affect the registry. Luckily I'm not having problems so far...and I made a windows restore backup, but they are not always reliable, I have found.

Latest version is still not making backups

You had me download the latest version xx.xx.791 and I still am not getting a backup made all the time. Just installed on my laptop after removing old program and deleting old folders. Scanned and made repairs from main window (several categories had errors). There was no backup made. Is this something that many users are finding to be a problem?

Archived