IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Storage issues - Large files in "ProgramData / IObit / Driver Booster / Donwload" (19 GB)

Hello everyone. I really need some help.

I'm having severe storage issues in my system SSD (111 GB).

I started tracking the largest folders in order to see what was taking so much space and I found that my "ProgramData" folder alone is 22.9 GB.
Of those, 19 GB were in: "ProgramData / IObit / Driver Booster / Download"

This "Download" folder contains a total of 211 (DBX and CFG) files anywhere from 662.825 KB to 1 KB. (see picture)

I'm using Windows 10 Pro

My questions are:

• Is this normal?
  • Is there anyway I could reduce this folder size without jeopardizing my pc?
  • Did I provide enough information?

TL;DR: I'm having storage issues and my "Driver Booster / Download" folder alone is 19 GB, what can I do?

Thank you!

image.jpeg.455178c70e6a19a9b4cb76d58eb0337e.jpeg

Did you read the User Manual for Driver Booster. If not I suggest that you do.

You will probably find that due to your settings and or choices, that the large download folder is either due

to selecting Backup Drivers or Offline Driver Ubdater.

Either way, I suggest you create a System Restore Point.

Then you copy the DB folder to another location or external drive, then delete the contents of the original  folder.

Then, reboot your system and see if everything is ok for a few days. If so, then you can delete the copied folder.

Mr. Scannan's advice (posted 11 AUG — read the DB manual, create a restore point, copy the DB Folder to an external drive, delete the original, reboot, and wait a few days to confirm the issue was resolved before deleting the copied folder — is the just kind of answer we find helpful; it was clear, concise, complete, and easy to follow.

• 10 months later...

In my Iobit Driver Booster\Backups file I have 3 massive 750MB backup files for NVIDIA_GeForce_RTX_3060_Laptop_GPU_win10_amd64. The rest of the string are different 9 digit numbers. Can i delete the 2 older ones and just keep the most recent?

• 2 weeks later...