IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC registry fix concerns

Is there a way I can determine what the effects of cleaning my registry will be BEFORE I allow ASC to fix the registry errors it has found and offered to fix automatically? I know very little about the windows registry and would be unable to undo unwanted consequences of ASC's automatic fixes.

If I make a backup copy of the registry using the export feature of Regedit, will I be guaranteed able to return to my current computer condition with everything (all programs) working as it does now and with no noticeable changes to my computer? Or is there a possibility that I could end up with missing programs and/or a non-working, non-rebootable computer?

Hi pvgdlife,

Did you read this post that solbjerg has replied to you?

Please read what he says before using ASC.

It is a good idea to backup the whole registry as you said.

I would advise you to manually do the repairs for the first couple of times reading the details and putting the relevant items to Ignore List after Scanning and before Repairing.

Cheers.

Archived