IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Hey detailer

garybear

Hi Gary-Enoskype is correct-normal start is recommended.However,I have had no adverse effects using Selective Start with the first to boxes unchecked. It does speed the boot a little(at least for me) I found that tip somewhere a while back,but don't remember where.I don't fully understand what this does during boot-perhaps SYS.INI and WIN.INI start later when they are needed.I know most articles I've read advise against making changes in this area of the SCU, and recommend using System Services to disable start up of processes you don't want occurring at boot.Give it a shot-you can always change it back easily enough.For a list of services you can disable or set to manual, go here-(about half way down the page)-this is one of many.Black Viper is very popular as well.

Thanks guys

Thanks guys.Great site detailer. My old PC is doing pretty good, so I'll probably leave it like it is for now. You guys don't know how much your are appreciated. This is a great forum with some very special people.Live well my friends. [garybear]PS I ticked normal start up for now. I hope you had a great b-day enoskype, not to much Canadian Hunter (lol).

Archived