IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Anvir Task Manager v.5.4.1 Free

detailer

I know many of you use Process Explorer,but this is a good deal.Anvir's Homepage can be found here, with a comparison of this version being offered to the Free and Pro versions here.The download link and Reg. code are found at dotTech, here.The only real short coming I see in this version is the inability to save changed priority of processes.There is no mention of compatibility issues with any other AntiVirus utilities you may be utilizing.Have a look :-o:-o

No problems here on XP- even running it at boot.Now if I can only begin to understand all this stuff-This is a WALL of information! I feel something about to break here :grin: :shock: :oops:

Seriously.. Same here!!

I'm a a little lost on all the resources and data available...

There seems to be no lag here on my Xp, in fact with the delayed start-up entries, I am sure I will have control a bit faster.

8)

Well, the last time i used the app, all it did was show you the list of running processes. I think it gives you complete rights over the apps, so something that doesn't want to be terminated, will.

Shows you the list of start ups, and all that good stuff. Its a pretty sweet app, but it might be conflicting with my other software. It works fine on my friends P.C, but hey, to each his own i guess.

Hi, detailer,

Thank you for pointing me to Anvir Task Manager. A great Freebie!

It's a very comprehensive tool, but I don't like the four extra icons in the System Tray, they can be hidden, though. Do you load it at startup or as you want it?

It will also copy the Recovery Console to your HD if desired. I've never had to use the Recovery Console, but I suppose it could be useful?

It did get rid of the Google Notifier BHO which I've tried unsuccessfully to delete from my Startup several times in the past. At least it's not in my Startup list today.

Hi Ted,

I have been using Anvir 5.4.1 for a while, but I have not noticed that you can copy the Recovery Console.

I have Recovery Console as a startup option in my laptop, but long ago used the tedious procedure to have it there.

Did anybody tried it from Anvir, as, if the i386 folder is not updated to the latest version (sp3), it is not possible to have Recovery Console manually.

Thanks and cheers.

Hi Ted-I ran it at boot for awhile,and then I adjusted the display for the "combined" icon.Now that the novelty has worn off,I just use it on demand.I still have quite a bit to learn in terms of all the information displayed and how to interpret it.But that's how I learned with pretty much everything.One more reason I create that restore point first thing each day.

Hi, detailer,

I adjusted the display for the "combined" icon.

I didn't see that option. Much better now, thank you.

I just use it on demand.

Yes, probably the best way, just a click on the icon in Quick Launch..

Archived