IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

update won't update

I have advance systemcare 3.2.0.PRO. It keeps telling there is a new verison available. Everytime I try to update I get a error message code 5. Is it because I decline the yahoo toolbar and yahoo search engine? I shouldn't be force to have yahoo. Thanks for any help.

Hey gas-Has nothing to do with passing on the toolbar.Error code 5 usually means another process is running(smart ram or auto defrag perhaps)Make sure no instance of ASC is running,and make sure you have given permissions to security and firewall for internet access.

Hi harley

Do you have any automatic functions from ASC running in the background, close those down and try again!

As it says in my profile:

Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum

"Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products ought to be read"

Cheers

solbjerg

Thank you detailer for your reply. I shut down smart ram, I made sure IObit had full access, It did. I disable my anti virus. And I still get error code 5. Does anybody have any ideals. Thanks.

After the boot screen press F8 repeatedly until you see a black screen with white writing pop up. Using your arrow keys navigate to "Safe Mode with Networking" and press enter. Then try update ASC from there :)

http://www.raymond.cc/images/windows-safe-mode.gif

update won't update

Here's a example of a update that is NOT difficult. You click on update and it installs. Here's a example of a update that IS difficult, You click on update and you get error code 5. You can bet that it won't be difficult to NOT renew my license to Advance System Care.

Hi harley

If ASC is running an automatic scan while you decide to update the program, you will not be able to update, - this is good - otherwise it could very go wrong. The same goes for SmartRam.

Remember that ASC is a program that also cleans your registry, and while this is going on it is a very bad idea to mess with the process.

So when you update please close down the application and functions within the application while doing so.

After all you would not try to change the tyres on your car while the car was moving :-)

Please read the thread I mentioned.

Cheers

solbjerg

Here's a example of a update that is NOT difficult. You click on update and it installs. Here's a example of a update that IS difficult, You click on update and you get error code 5. You can bet that it won't be difficult to NOT renew my license to Advance System Care.

Archived