IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Threat detected in itopsetup.exe by Microsoft Safety Scanner

Bill K.

Have been having continuous messages from Norton360 regarding detection and removal of CL.downloader!gen58. While Googling it, get a suggestion from Microsoft to run Microsoft Safety Scanner. Ran the deep scan option, which takes hours, and get the following. Don't know if it's related to downloader but since it refers to itop, decided to post this. The following message appears in the Scanner's log:

Threat Detected: Misleading:Win32/Lodi and Removed!
  Action: Remove, Result: 0x00000000
    file://C:\ProgramData\IObit\Software Updater\Download\isu3\iTopSetup.exe->(inno#000001)
        SigSeq: 0x0000166795B153D4
    containerfile://C:\ProgramData\IObit\Software Updater\Download\isu3\iTopSetup.exe

Any idea what's going on?

• 3 months later...

I can also confirm that "Misleading:Win32/Lodi" is detected by Microsoft Defender, and not only in Smart Defrag.  It also caught it again in Iobit Uninstaller.  It dsoesn't appear to be malicious, but (more importantly), quarantining (removing) it doesn't seem to hurt the programs, although it will reinstall after rebooting, and Defender will scan and catch it over and over again.

Microsoft Defender seems to be the only scanner picking it up.  My Malwarebytes isn't detecting it.  Neither does AVTotal.  It doesn't excuse Iobit from their overt use of executable adware files.

So far, the file has "not" shown up in either ASC or Driver Booster, which I am very happy about, since those are the two main Iobit programs I use.  I also have iTop Screen Recorder Pro, and it hasn't shown up in there either.