IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Y'all are destroying yourselves with these ads

Frekin

I received a mailing today from a promotion of ladies looking for friendly benefactors. I found the mission on my case supervisor called spepopud.exe and with a touch of search figured out it was from Iobit and I see many others in your gathering encountering the exact same thing. You are destroying all customer confidence in this type of promotion. Your constant promotions for your own items were pretty terrible, but they were questionable. Anyway, shocking promotions of problematic sites now? This is currently official adware. I have been a loyal customer for a while. Not anymore. Uninstall everything and I highly recommend anyone else using Iobit programming to do the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This "beauties in bikini" showed up on my WORK COMPUTER and stupid me clicked instead of pressing the X button to close it. Needless to say our entire office of 550 and all of our 16,000 employees globally will now have this application blocked by corporate IT. Thanks for making me the lucky guy who answered "pls explain this" to the powers that be.

• Haha 1

I have the same issue and I'm furious. I paid for the IObit utilities, and found the nagging popups annoying - but those were at least ads for their utilities. But this is an outrageous abuse of trust and I won't recommend them to anyone again.

Perhaps if enough people demand a refund they'll rethink their immoral strategy?

Yup, I've already uninstalled all iobit services.  When your malware scanner becomes malware itself it's time to move on. Reading through the forums are countless complaints about a plethora of pop ups and ads and every response is the same. "oh that ad has been stopped"  what nonsense.   As the topic title says, you've destroyed the trust in your company and when it comes to virus and malware scanners once trust is lost it doesn't come back.  I hope who ever greenlit the ads is held responsible for the destruction of the brand.

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Sincerely thanks for your detailed feedabck.

I have forwarded your concern to our product team and market team. They will consider this kind of marketing activity and make a better balance in the future.

Your feedbacks are valued.

• 3 weeks later...

These are still ongoing unfortunatly. Got one today. Another 50 women to objectify.

Each ad has such a pervy objectifying spin on them. They have been bothering me and my friends for some months now. We know the source of the virus now though atleast.

Someone here mentioned they paid for the product and your response was that you removed that specific ad? Especially if they are paying maybe people should not have adware pumped in to their computer? That's really off putting. What else are you putting in to our computers we don't know about?