IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Recycle bin will not empty

Hi budmeister,

I assume you are making the comment after controlling if the checkbox is checked for "Windows Recycle Bin" in the "Junk Files Clean" section of Options.

If so, try unchecking it and click "Apply" button, and check it again and click "Apply" button, then click "OK" button.

See if it works.

Cheers.

Of course I have all the "recommended" scans etc. checked. However, I just brought the program up and the scanning has been completed, but the program is waiting for ME to hit the 'repair' button. I don't know what the heck is going on with this.

I just clicked the "Care!" button in the middle and we'll see what happens. The window that was waiting for my intervention was "Maintain Windows."

There, the first scan was "Maintain Windows" and it scanned AND repaired. Now its moved on to "Diag. System".

It looks to me, that if any of the 4 individual scans are instituted on their own, then a 'manual' mode takes over. I do remember selecting "Maintain Windows" the other day for whatever the reason. Right now, it's going around clockwise and taking care of business.

Thanks for your input folks.

Hi budmeister

Please read

Online Help for IObit Software

which is shown in the top line here in the forum.

Cheers

solbjerg

Of course I have all the "recommended" scans etc. checked. However, I just brought the program up and the scanning has been completed, but the program is waiting for ME to hit the 'repair' button. I don't know what the heck is going on with this.

I just clicked the "Care!" button in the middle and we'll see what happens. The window that was waiting for my intervention was "Maintain Windows."

There, the first scan was "Maintain Windows" and it scanned AND repaired. Now its moved on to "Diag. System".

It looks to me, that if any of the 4 individual scans are instituted on their own, then a 'manual' mode takes over. I do remember selecting "Maintain Windows" the other day for whatever the reason. Right now, it's going around clockwise and taking care of business.

Thanks for your input folks.

Hi Dave

In the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\Recycle Bin

StateFlag dword it should say 0 (zero) for default setting.

Cheers

solbjerg

At times my Recycle Bin icon "sticks" with the bin showing full even when it's empty. When I double-click into the bin there's nothing there. A reboot or two later and it's back to normal.

Hi solbjeg,

Doesn't that value show the check is On or Off for the checkbox of "Recycle Bin" in Disk Cleanup utility of Windows?

If the value is "0" (Zero), then the Disk Cleanup utility will not empty the "Recycle Bin", and if the value is "1" (One), then the Disk Cleanup utility will delete the items in" Recycle Bin".

Anybody looking for replace/repair of "Recycle Bin" in Windows XP, can try the registry file restorecyclebin.reg in Kelly's Corner, right side of line 64.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

You are probably right. I have the setting that it shan't empty the recycle bin myself. Didn't think long enough . sorry!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjeg,

Doesn't that value show the check is On or Off for the checkbox of "Recycle Bin" in Disk Cleanup utility of Windows?

If the value is "0" (Zero), then the Disk Cleanup utility will not empty the "Recycle Bin", and if the value is "1" (One), then the Disk Cleanup utility will delete the items in" Recycle Bin".

Anybody looking for replace/repair of "Recycle Bin" in Windows XP, can try the registry file restorecyclebin.reg in Kelly's Corner, right side of line 64.

Cheers.

Archived