IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New Product Alpha edition

Tim Xue

Well the teaser is more evident now!!!

http://www.iobit.com/Images/is360.gif

Security 360 ?

I hope not. :-( It really rings a bell of a known :razz: company.

Make a web search for security 360 and see what else comes up!!!

I think, a clearly seen IObit sign is an indication of that.

Cheers.

:shock: :!: :roll: 360? 360 seconds? 360 hours? 360days? Better would be to name the company. F.e. IObit Advanced SpywareCleaner (or SpywareSentinel). I am curious about the comparison with SUPERAntiSpyware, Spyware Terminator e.t.c. But I look forward

360 ??

IObit-Are you guys kidding!! 360-What the hell are you guys thinking?!!This wreaks of Norton which anybody with half a brain and any experience knows is the poster child for pure crap.If I had no previous experience with IObit products,and this was the first one I saw,I would run from it as though it were a burning building!! OMG,I want to go all caps here so badly.For your sake I hope it performs well,because you've already handicapped it with that name.Sorry guys,poor judgment, and even poorer choice of names.I am sooo bummed http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Sad/sad-010.png

Guys - IObit have enough confidence in this name and they think that it will be fine. If you do a Google search of "security 360", no results come up that say, 'download this' or 'download here'. Therefore when IObit Security 360 is released it will be the only program with download links and information forwarded from Google.

Yes, but IObit would of had the name approved already to avoid conflict. Plus no one says "hey, do you use 360?". If someone said that you would not know to what they were referring to. However, if you say "Hey, do you use Norton 360?". People do know what you are referring to.

Therefore Security 360 is a completely different name :-)

RE-think? Me or them? 360 is widely associated with the Norton name.This is, IMO a very poor choice.Absolutely no re-thinking to be done on my end.

Wow my freind think of the summer movies. My daughter just took to see

terminator last night. If you see that you will know what I mean. seems to me

the blurred illusion is exactly what they want you to see. And the for the finale.

It will all be clear you need the iobit cloud thing to keep you secure. okay, that's my guess what is yours?

wass IMO?

halfevil333-This has nothing to do with copyrights or permissions.This is about simple word/name recognition. Fx. Nazi/Hitler- terrorist/Saddam Hussein- 360/Norton.My answer to the first question would be "What,that Norton crap?" So if someone asked ME that,my immediate thought would be Norton.I believe this answers the second question as well.And No,this is in no way a completely different name.This is a marketing blunder,period.(I'd be happy to discuss that in another thread based on some experience in that area)No disrespect intended,but as the self proclaimed "Malware and Security Wizard", how do you not see this? Just for shits and giggles,sign up with,and post in the software section of some other popular forums a thread to the effect of "What do you think of when I say 360?" I'm betting the majority come back with a Norton reference.I hope I'm wrong and ten million people won't make the connection,but sadly,I'm afraid they will.For the millions burned by Norton in so many ways,this is just a bad idea. Dave-thanks for clearing up your position.Had me scared for a moment there.Deville-How was the movie? Yes, I would be very surprised if this new app. is not of the "cloud" variety.Anything else is in the dust trail. IMO means in my opinion-The "H" for humble is absent because anyone that reads this forum knows there's nothing humble about me when it comes to voicing my opinion! It is Memorial Day weekend,and thanks to all those that gave their lives so guys like me can have and state my opinions on public forums such as this one. God bless them all.

Just Curious

Halfevil333-The name of the new security app. has been eluded to over the past several days,yet no official announcement from IObit or even a heads up on the forum under News & Offer can be found.There is no mention on the IObit homepage either.Given your stance on the name as indicated in your forum post,I suspect that you are in some way affiliated with IObit.Are you? If not,can you explain how it comes to be that you seem to be privy to information that has not been officially released,and why you are the one releasing this same information?This is not the third degree,but given that you arrived on the forum only two weeks ago,and are already dispensing information we've not seen presented through customary channels,I for one would like an explanation.Please don't take offense,but like a good poker game,I like to know who I'm playing with.

Will this be submitted to Virus Bulletin or something such as that for testing? Once released before I change from current AV program I would like to know it is on par with the others.

This will not be a program that replaces current AV, it is to aid in prevention and detection.

Archived