IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Desperately needing help

Elly

Two weeks ago, when I opened my Advanced SystemCare, the page was extremely pale - I couldn't read anything.. so I thought I would uninstall and then reinstall it... When I tried to do that through control panel - I received the following message: C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\unins001.msg is missing. Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program. I also have Spybot Search and that is working fine, as is the rest of my puter. I have Windows XP. This wasn't an issue until I decided to run ASC... Have googled and there seems to be many with similar problem - but no solution or place that I can find the "missing" file.. HELP please! Thank you!!

Please try to Re-Install "Over" the old files when prompted.

... If there is still problems, you should be able to uninstall at that time.

Remenber to install over.... and not to "uninstall" the original ASC files.

8)

RE Error ASC..

Hi..

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately it doesn't give me the option of installing over existing program, but it went into install mode, but then get the message that I have to delet the existiing program, which, when I try - gives me back the same message of Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program.inis...

Any other suggestions?

Hi Elly

I do not have the mentioned file in my folder unins001.msg, mine is called unins000.msg

Do you have any instances of the program running in the background when trying the uninstall?

Do you have the original ASC install file in your dowloaded install files folder? Try installing that first and then uninstall the program or update it to the current version.

But please remember to close all automatic functions in the program - also SmartRam and then to close the program itself before trying to uninstall or installing over the top.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi..

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately it doesn't give me the option of installing over existing program, but it went into install mode, but then get the message that I have to delet the existiing program, which, when I try - gives me back the same message of Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program.inis...

Any other suggestions?

Hi Elly-If all that fails,you could just open your ASC folder and manually delete it's contents.Then go to Windows search and run it for Advanced System Care-delete whatever you find there(probably some prefetch and recyclers)You may also elect to delete the ASC folder if you wish(I would)Download RegSeeker here and use it's "find in registry" function for files and reg entries.Don't worry,it will create a back-up as it's set to by default.I would also recommend trashing out you install/.exe file and start with a fresh download and installation package.

Hi all...

Thanks to you all for responding. Greatly appreciated. So - here's what I've done to date!

Manually deleted what it would let me. Of course there are some files that give me the message - access denied - make sure that the file is not full or write-protect and that the file is currently not in use.

I did "exit" the program before deleting - but to no avail. It leaves me the following with the same message as above.

AWC

CoolTrayicon_d6plus.bpl

Error_log

NtfsData.dll

Routine.dll

rtl70.bpl

STFix.dll

vcl70.bpl

vcls70.bpl

winSkinD7R.bpl

I am trying RegSeeker as I type this - but as I'm not sure what to look for - am always concerned that I "delete" something I need. Once that has looked I will try to download ASC again with hopes that it'll work..:)

Again, many thanks for your help to date!

Elly

It's Elly again

Hi again..

Ok - I did the RegSeeker thing - deleted "hundreds" of files - all I have left are things that say - extension not used but I have no idea what they are for - therefore hesitant to "delet".. there is also another one - "Open With" entry unused.. so left that as well.. (I'm really not this illiterate with computers).. will now go and download and reinstall (or at least try) ASC... :)

Should I just delete all the remaining files (that are all under HKEY_CURRENT_USER)

Thanks again..

Elly

finally

Woooohoooo... it worked.. the above mentioned files that I couldn't delete - when reinstalling there was an issue - but I clicked on ignore for all of them - so that seemed to work. It's back to it's old self and scanning as I type this - also gave me the new version link - so will do that next..

Again - to you all who replied - thanks ever so much.. (if someone could respond regarding the things I mentioned when I did the RegSeeker - do I delete or leave them there.. :)

Have a spondubiously wonderful day, week, month, etc.. :)

Elly

Hi Elly-Leaving those entries behind was the right thing to do.It sounds like you went for the "clean registry" setting-sometimes risky with that app.Check all of your programs and apps. ASAP and see that they all work properly.You can restore from Reg Seeker if need be,but it doesn't always give everything back.Next time you use it to delete files associated with a particular utility,use the "find in registry" feature instead.There are options for files and reg entries there-so do a file search and then a registry search with all boxes checked.This ensures that you won't suffer the collateral damage of the full reg clean.When performing a full reg clean,best to delete green entries only for the novice user.

Archived