IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware Fighter 9.3 Pro

jeyon

Malware Fighter may be interfering with a batch file i run manually - it runs a Python executable

the problem happens during startup - at first my batch file & python executable works fine - than at about 5 minutes into the startup - the problem starts - and i get a "Cannot open PyInstaller archive from executable" error whenever i run the batch file anytime afterwards (until i restart the computer)

i checked out the Windows Logs Application list (see attached image) - and discovered that the problem occurs after a second Malware Fighter event - "Updated IObit Malware Fighter status successfully to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON." - the two events have identical info - except for the timestamp

does anyone know if there should be 2 such events? i'm trying various Malware Fighter settings now to see if i can get rid of the second event

i'm running Windows 11 on a new HP Laptop - i went for a few months without this issue - it's been a few months since this has started

i recreated the Pyinstaller executable - but the problem persists in the new one

thanks for any help

--john

IOBit MF Windiows Application Log.jpg

narrowing it down -

i turned off all the settings in Malware Fighter and rebooted - that didn't affect the problem

i disabled Malware Fighter from starting up automatically - it didn't affect the problem - ?!!!

another look at the Windows Log - it says the source is a service called "Security Center" - that's a Windows service - not IOBit's

this problem probably doesn't belong in this forum

--john