IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Advanced SystemCare Pro Review IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Driver Booster Pro Review IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs IObit Software Coupons & Promo Code

Instructions how to stop the ads manually.

IOBitter

Hello IOBit community,

As many of us have been disappointed heavily with the actions of IOBit suddenly starting to add popups to your computer, I've started taking steps how to stop them from coming back up. At first, I really thought I have managed to infect myself with Malware, as I usually don't use any AV's. Well there I go getting ESET and surprise computer is clean. After starting to snoop around my computer, comes out that the popups are from IOBit. Problem is that I never gave my consent to such thing, and acting like a Malware really puts this company into bad light.

I have since deleted these files from /pub directory and haven't gotten any ads since. See screenshot below
spacer.png

File "spepopud.exe" is the main .exe file that gets executed and starts showing up the ad. When launching the app, it doesn't show the ad right away, meaning it must be timed at certain point. I usually get ads midnight. Now could this affect my user experience with Driver Booster? Not as of yet. Try this out and let me know about any problems that may occur.

Now for the developers,
This is really a shi* move from you. I understand you're getting paid by this, however this is not the way to go. I can also ensure if this would be hardcoded into the application, most of long time IOBit users would leave the community. A lot already have, based on the feedback here. Please get your situation back on track and provide us high quality products as you have done so before.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi IOBitter,

Sorry for my late reply. The ads is from our partner and now it has been stopped. I have reported your feedbacks to our team and we will keep on omproving. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Unfortunately ads have not stopped. I deleted the file "spepopud.exe" last week, only to find that it was reinstalled, upon reboot, and after a reboot today (10/8/2022), I got another popup, this timeI found the offending file was "karativa.exe" which was installed after the reboot occurred.

As a result, I have uninstalled IOBIT Uninstaller, and will never look at any IOBIT products again. Good job.

On 10/8/2022 at 10:25 PM, nrevolt said:

Unfortunately ads have not stopped. I deleted the file "spepopud.exe" last week, only to find that it was reinstalled, upon reboot, and after a reboot today (10/8/2022), I got another popup, this timeI found the offending file was "karativa.exe" which was installed after the reboot occurred.

As a result, I have uninstalled IOBIT Uninstaller, and will never look at any IOBIT products again. Good job.

Can confirm. This happened to me again. Doing the same process over again will disable the popups. This is getting ridiculous

Hi guys,

Sincerely thanks for your detailed feedabck.

I have forwarded your concern to our product team and market team. They will consider this kind of marketing activity and make a better balance in the future.

Your feedbacks are valued.

• 1 month later...

I swear iam going to delete ALL IOBIT programs for good if these ADDS don't stop soon. I paid for a program not adds. I knew of about 6 others iam on pc with regular that are annoyed with this ass well. We will all leave

• Like 2

this is popping up during presentations and meetings, I have to now uninstall all of your software.  F U Iobit  you have a freaking spam blocker for all browsers and your now spamming my computer?  WTF.  Where was this in the aggreement?

Hi guys,

I have forwarded your concern to our product team and market team.  Your feedback are valued.

They will consider this kind of marketing activity and make a better balance in the future.

PLEASE STOP ALL the ADS!  Everytime I boot my PC there is an ad.  I paid for these programs and getting really tired of the F!#$ing ADS!  I see your response always being "

Hi guys,

I have forwarded your concern to our product team and market team.  Your feedback are valued.

They will consider this kind of marketing activity and make a better balance in the future.

But nothing is being done.  I know a lot of people that I have recommended to buy these programs for themselves,  I have over 4 million Tik Tok followers, 5K Twitter and 8K Instagram.  I have promoted your company and know that I have generated a lot of MONEY for you!  I am about to send a Very BAD message soon if the autrocity continues.

Dont say THANK YOU.  STOP THE F@%$ING POP-UPS

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2022 at 12:25 PM, nrevolt said:

I'm following right behind you on this one. I will NOT be upgrading/renewing any of my iObit products due to the constant ad popups.

I used IOBit Uninstaller happily for years, but suddenly the ads immediately got more and more over time. Eventually it was unbearable, I even recommended IOBit to family but after the increase in ads I immediately sent them a message to uninstall IOBit. It's a shame because the software itself is great, the adware isn't... At least for paid users there must be an option to disable ads in the settings. This is getting ridiculous. Also the same responses from the developers, if you guys actually care why are the ads still here?

IOBit has no intentions of satisfying their paid customers....best thing to do is just accept that you lost your money and leave messages on all sites warning people not to buy an ad infested program.  Too bad really, was a great program at one time but greed ended that.....they are quite content to include phising in their software.