IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Why are there so many Registry problems every scan?

Hi,

I'm guessing this may have been addressed before but since your forum's search feature does not work I'm posting anew.

I've had ASC Pro for a few months now and have been moderately pleased. I am curious/worried about one thing . . . the Registry Fix feature.

I manually scan using Registry Fix every day at least once. Why is it that when I scan every day there are so many problems listed by ASC that need fixing? For example this morning there were 270 problems listed, but I just fixed all problems less than 24 hours ago.

I'm not installing new software . . . does anyone know from where all these registry problems emanate and how one goes about preventing them?

There is a number of reasons:

• Add/Remove Program:
    When you uninstall a program, Windows often doesn’t entirely remove the program. Instead, there’s always bit of software that it left behind that makes this program still listed in your Control Panel's Add / Remove Programs section.

• Application Path:
    This has something to do with the references on your computer that’s no longer valid because they refer to folders where the programs don't exist anymore. Those programs may have been removed or moved to a different folder.

• Auto run Programs:
    Auto-start programs and invalid entries need to be adjusted for optimization.

• Com & ActiveX:
    The COM/ActiveX section of the Windows registry can contain invalid entries that can cause application failure, system crashes, or errors when opening documents.

• DLL Problems:
    Invalid DLL are remaining links after moving or deleting a program.

• Empty Registry Keys:
    Empty registry keys are those obsolete entries that need to be cleaned up from registry database.

• File & Path Reference:
    Invalid registry entries that reference to nowhere.

• File Associations:
    The registry keeps track of every file type, and the program used to open it. As changes been made by installing or uninstalling programs, invalid associations or errors can occur.

• Invalid Shortcuts:
    Invalid shortcuts are shortcuts that lead to nowhere.

• Shared Folders:
    Registry cleaners can promptly find and repair errors in shared folders references - references that refer to shared folders that are no longer there.

• Sound Section:
    The registry stores information about what sounds to play in windows.

• Startup Programs:
    The registry stores the list of programs that startup when Windows loads.

The registry is an extremely dynamic storage area. Your PC is constantly writing and reading from the registry files, and some of that info is valid for only a very short period of time. Those left over, short-lived bits make up most of the "errors" you're seeing.

Download and run RegMon from Microsoft Sysinternals. It monitors the registry and shows registry updates in real time. You'll be probably be surprised at all the activity.

If THIS IS TRUE

If technical information on the subject is confusing,I'll put it into perspective this way-Cleaning 270 registry errors is akin to sweeping out one space in a parking lot the size of Montana.

Hey detailer if this is true why is every one so obsessed with registry cleaners and why do we all have asc3 to keep us all cleaned up? Just joshing with you my friend. How are you, hope you are doing well. I marvel at all your knowledge ,you are a real blessing to this forum.I thought you needed a bad time, so decided to give you one(lol).Live well my friend, [garybear]

Archived