IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

My blog for IObit Security 360 - Check it out!

333halfevil

Well I've made a blog for IObit Security 360. It will inform you about the latest news, information and updates to Security 360.

The latest developments will be posted as well as ways you can get the most out of Security 360's protection along with protecting yourself from cyber threats in other ways.

I am currently looking for someone who would like to run the site with me - Any volunteers? :-P

Here it is: http://iobitsecurity360.blogspot.com/

New little gadget added:

If you scroll down to the very bottom of the blog, you will see a place where you are able to submit malicious files, and have them scanned online by 40 antivirus/spyware engines. This tool utilizes VirusTotal.com, and the gadget is made by me :-P

Horrible name choice, a subtle link to a well known name is one thing, but 360 isn't subtle at all. How about Security 365? Close enough to evoke subconscious connection to something well known, but different enough. Also, using a slightly higher number makes people think it's improved, as in higher version numbers, and lastly nobody gets their ego punched since 365 is 2/3 the same as 360. Good idea that needs a little refinement. Maybe someone will make thread related to the name of this product.

I'm not particularly enthused about the idea that it works with existing AV programs. I've wanted to see IObit roll out an app into ASC that included Firewall and AV. Standalone is a 2nd best choice, a watered down "assist" program seems like a half hearted attempt to test the waters before jumping in with full commitment. I hope I'm wrong. I just don't understand why we can't have one program that does all the maintenance ad security work in one nice neat package like ASC.

Thoughts???

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=cmRGLUFBd19ZUGlfWGhBVFI2blhqWFE6MA

This is a link to a Google Doc for suggesting other names. It doesn't work for me, but maybe one of you can get it working.

Horrible name choice, a subtle link to a well known name is one thing, but 360 isn't subtle at all. How about Security 365? Close enough to evoke subconscious connection to something well known, but different enough. Also, using a slightly higher number makes people think it's improved, as in higher version numbers, and lastly nobody gets their ego punched since 365 is 2/3 the same as 360. Good idea that needs a little refinement. Maybe someone will make thread related to the name of this product.

I'm not particularly enthused about the idea that it works with existing AV programs. I've wanted to see IObit roll out an app into ASC that included Firewall and AV. Standalone is a 2nd best choice, a watered down "assist" program seems like a half hearted attempt to test the waters before jumping in with full commitment. I hope I'm wrong. I just don't understand why we can't have one program that does all the maintenance ad security work in one nice neat package like ASC.

I'm pretty sure it can be standalone as well.. just it'd go great with a signature based scanner as well for layered protection.

If IObit made it a signature based AV as well a lot of people wouldn't use it, because as much as i love IObit and the fantastic products they make, they don't have the resources to maintain a full AV that can go head to head with the current AV giants.

For me, it'll be perfect.

I've already got a signature based AV and firewall, I'm after a decent malware scanner with real time scanning thats NOT fully signature based.

This "Digital Origin Gene" heuristics sounds intriguing and I'm looking forward to it.

As for the name.. Security 360 sounds a bit bland.. Spyware Defender would be better, if not something else.

Less is More...

IMO less installed and running software the better,

I have been using zonealarm free with avast free

with no problems, but in trying to get more done

with fewer programs I upgraded to the ZoneAlarm

Security Suite, neither of the newest versions will

update definitions for either the AV or AS.

So I'm not a fan of the big flagship AVCompanies.

I think IObit can give them a run for their money.

I haven't noticed that bigger is better when it comes

to software performance. Mostly the opposite. Give me

one great app that does all the maintenance, security,

tuneup and I will gladly pay for it. The decreased demand

for system resources and the elimination of software

conflicts is well worth a reasonable fee, maybe IObit will

offer this slimmed AV/FW option for free and a more robust

package in a Pro Version or hopefully packaged with

ASC Pro.:?

Edit: I have tried posting to the blog twice without success. Twice with an error that the entry would have to be tried again later and twice saying it would be posted after review. It's been several hours since the first post, how long does the approval normally take. Is this censorship or what is the reason for the approval anyway. Isn't this to be a free exchange of ideas? Just wondering...

I haven't noticed any censorship in my posts on the forum.

As of now, the big Flagship companies are Avira, AVG, and Avast. I am a big hater of AVG since it upgraded to version 8. However Avast and Avira is rising up as more popular then AVG mainly because of its low system resources and better detection rate of AVG.

One of the BEST free firewalls out there is either Comodo or Online Outpost.

I've been testing these products for years, trust me ;)

Now if IOBit would enter this competition.... there would really be none. Kingsoft made a AV to enter the competition... It placed last, having even Microsoft One Care beat it, not to mention the extremely high(1st place) in false positives.

So if IObit focused on what anti-viruses couldn't detect, people will download it as a extra layer of protection.

Archived