IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Help with Startup Manager removing programs

Hi, detailer,

Yes, I've been busy with my Family Tree programme, resizing and assigning photos into a separate multimedia folder.

Haven't used AnVir a lot, but it certainly appears to be a very handy tool to have. I'm very happy with its single merged icon displayed in the Notification Area. Much tidier.

I just had a look at the Free Cache download site you posted and was wondering how many people actually do post their full name in the boxes as requested.

luckyvic-If you just right click on those and choose delete,what happens? Do they come back next time you open Start Manager or just not delete to begin with? Buy the way,yes,that's what Ted is saying.It may not be necessary ,but that's still a handy tool to have.

Darn stupid entries!!!

luckyvic-If you just right click on those and choose delete,what happens? Do they come back next time you open Start Manager or just not delete to begin with? Buy the way,yes,that's what Ted is saying.It may not be necessary ,but that's still a handy tool to have.

Yeah I right-click, delete and they're gone. Soon as I hope Startup Manager they come back but more!!

I don't want to install another program just yet, but if it can get rid of this caca, I'll install.

One more question

As I said I used Revo Installer to uninstall Mplayer, at some point in uninstallion, Revo asked to delete some entries it found, but I skipped them because I wasn't sure since they looked to not related to Mplayer. Don't know if that would make ASC Startup Manager still "see" Mplayer?

detailer,

Not sure what a 10 minute Email address is.

luckyvic,

Okay, I deleted an entry with AnVir and after rebooting the entry was gone. I think it deletes the appropriate Registry Key. Funny thing, though, I've noticed: My msconfig startup list shows 12 entries, but AnVir only shows eight, strange!

If you have RegSeeker installed you can ask it to find all entries containing MPlayer, then delete them.

Gone!!!!!

I apologize for shouting, couldn't help myself.

After using RegSeeker, RegCleaner, many very bad words, couple reboots and still those darn stupid entries showing up in Startup Manager, I did a good clean install of ASC. Again I used Revo to uninstall completely, deleted the ASC setup app, downloaded ASC (the last I installed ASC 3.3.1 over previous version) and finally ran the app.

Checked the SM and look, all new again!!!

I want to thank everybody here for all your great help, kindness and patience. I really appreciate it.

Archived