IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Who is correct errors?

It is a problem, change in resources ANSI_CHARSET on DEFAULT_CHARSET ?

I am warn to that, in the previous version was a mistake!

How do I explain that the problem is not in a translator?

Before change

object Form1: TForm1

Left = 481

Top = 182

BorderIcons = [biSystemMenu, biMinimize]

BorderStyle = bsSingle

Caption = 'Game Booster'

ClientHeight = 474

ClientWidth = 503

Color = clBtnFace

Font.Charset = ANSI_CHARSET

Font.Color = clWindowText

Font.Height = -11

Font.Name = 'Tahoma'

Font.Style = []

After change

Left = 481

Top = 182

BorderStyle = bsSingle

Caption = 'Game Booster'

ClientHeight = 474

ClientWidth = 503

Color = clBtnFace

Font.Charset = DEFAULT_CHARSET

Font.Height = -11

Font.Name = 'Tahoma'

Font.Style = []

Pic 1: Resource in Restorator 2007. Pic2,3: Preview GB

Hi Damned

Interesting!!

I'll experiment a bit. Have you tried unicode_charset?

Cheers

solbjerg

It is a problem, change in resources ANSI_CHARSET on DEFAULT_CHARSET ?

I am warn to that, in the previous version was a mistake!

How do I explain that the problem is not in a translator?

Before change

Left = 481

Top = 182

BorderStyle = bsSingle

Caption = 'Game Booster'

ClientHeight = 474

ClientWidth = 503

Color = clBtnFace

Font.Charset = ANSI_CHARSET

Font.Height = -11

Font.Name = 'Tahoma'

Font.Style = []

After change

Left = 481

Top = 182

BorderStyle = bsSingle

Caption = 'Game Booster'

ClientHeight = 474

ClientWidth = 503

Color = clBtnFace

Font.Charset = DEFAULT_CHARSET

Font.Height = -11

Font.Name = 'Tahoma'

Font.Style = []

Pic 1: Resource in Restorator 2007. Pic2,3: Preview GB

Hi enoskype; Damned

As far as I can see the option for default_charset is there in the program, east european_charset too, turkish_charset, ansi_charset but I do not remember seing unicode_charset, several others though.

Perhaps the problem is that they haven't settled on an end version of an international unicode yet??

But one wouldn't think it should be to difficult to add the different charsets as they recieve a new language translation??

Hi Damned - enoskype and I are users too!

Cheers

solbjerg

I agree with you for the DEFAULT_CHARSET Damned, I will ask again to IObit and if they have valid reason, I will post back.

In the mean time, only option to do that is to use resource editors.!!!

Cheers.

Hi guys

After change charset on default, problems with other language in GB isn't.

Try after change. Also other language you can try. With no errors-english, french, dannish, turkish..... Except language for other interface.

For open this archive use WinRar.Archive include improved executable file GameBooster.exe.

Try and write me.

Waiting.....

EDIT: The compressed executable GameBooster.exe file in the attached GameBooster.zip file is clean. (enoskype)

GameBooster.zip

Yeah it works with GB1.1 too when changing with a resource editor.

See the attachements.

Red circled words (I have taken only some) contain nonunicode characters and they are seen as normal when all ANSI_CHARSET in the resource of GameBooster.exe file has been changed to DEFAULT_CHARSET.

The same language file shows wrong characters and question marks with the Original GameBooster.exe.

If it does not work for your language, then this may be the reason that IObit uses ANSI_CHARSET to have the Chinese language correct if they have the same issue there. (This is my guess anyway.)

Cheers.

NOTE: I have checked with the available 2 Czceh language files that I have and it does not work. :shock:

I think my reasoning about IObit not using it is true, as it does not work for both Chinese languages

Cheers.

EDIT :Sorry guys, to be sure about my reasoning, that has to be tried with selecting the relative language for "Select a language to match the language version of non-Unicode programs you want to use:" option in "Advanced" tab of "Regional and Language Options".

Hi enoskype,

It is in the Turkish translation of the grammar mistakes?

See on picture.

Thank's for reply guys

Yeah it works with GB1.1 too when changing with a resource editor.

See the attachements.

Red circled words (I have taken only some) contain nonunicode characters and they are seen as normal when all ANSI_CHARSET in the resource of GameBooster.exe file has been changed to DEFAULT_CHARSET.

The same language file shows wrong characters and question marks with the Original GameBooster.exe.

If it does not work for your language, then this may be the reason that IObit uses ANSI_CHARSET to have the Chinese language correct if they have the same issue there. (This is my guess anyway.)

Cheers.

NOTE: I have checked with the available 2 Czceh language files that I have and it does not work. :shock:

Turkish .lng for DEFAULT_CHARSET changed in GB.exe

Hi Damned.

Exist 2 ANSI charset coding? Chinese and Western European?

I don't know but I don't think so. solbjerg would know.

It is in the Turkish translation of the grammar mistakes?

No, Turkish language file in the setup file is garbled because of non-Unicode characters. I have 2 more files.

1) To be used without non-unicode characters in original GameBooster.exe. Turkish.lng (1)( given in Other languages for Game Booster. thread.

2) To be used with Game Booster.exe resource changed to DEFAULT_CHARSET. Tukish2.lng

( I had created the GameBooster.exe file also, with resources changed, but yours and mine are exactly the same.)

You have to select the Turkish language for "Select a language to match the language version of non-Unicode programs you want to use:" option in "Advanced" tab of "Regional and Language Options" to see it all correct.

I can't see the Czceh language correct, because my Language options of Windows is adjusted for Turkish GUI.

You may not see the Turkish language correct, as yours is adjusted to Czceh.

BTW, the best fit in my PC for Czech language is with Czech_ANSI language file.

Cheers.

Turkish2.lng

Hi enoskype,

Picture 1: Czech GUI - Czech language (ANSI) - error. Without change on DEFAULT_CHARSET

Picture 2: Czech GUI - Turkish language 1 - after change charset

Picture 3: Czech GUI - Turkish language 2 - after change charset

Picture 4: Czech GUI - Czech language (ANSI) - without error. With change on DEFAULT_CHARSET

Change charset in resources on DEFAULT_CHARSET according to me, improve interface for Czech users. How to do that?

Thanks for the pics Damned.

They are all exactly like I expected.

Change charset in resources on DEFAULT_CHARSET according to me, improve interface for Czech users. How to do that?

Can you clarify what exactly you are asking by "How to do that?"

At the end of the day I can say that if IObit uses DEFAULT_CHARSET instead of ANSI_CHARSET, in the GameBooster.exe file, the translated Game Booster program will show correct letters for all the other languages if the user uses his/hers native language option in "Select a language to match the language version of non-Unicode programs you want to use:" under "Advanced" tab of "Regional and Language Options" and the respected native language in Game Booster.

I hope IObit uses DEFAULT_CHARSET in the next releases of Game Booster.

Thanks again and cheers.

Hi enoskype,

"How to do that?" - For Czech users IObit products.

How to save the language file?

ANSI or Unicode? Czech language with the general source of GameBooster.exe as ANSI_CHARSET, in both variants is bad run.

How to explain that the fault is not in a translator?

Cheers,

Damned

Archived