IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Won't download

I've tried to download from CNET & Tucows. The Firefox Download box states the download is complete. I double click on the DefragSetup.exe and nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? What? Please, if you respond, instruct on a step-by-step basis. I'm just not that smart about computers.

Thanks.

Hi papaderf

Try downloading it to your desktop or a folder and right click on the install file and choose remove the blocking, OK that and click install, be sure that no automatic function and the program itself is NOT running before clicking install.

Please read Usage of IObit Products first!

You can reach that simply by clicking on

Online Help for IObit Software

in the top line here in the forum or you can find the thread in the Lounge section.

Cheers

solbjerg

I've tried to download from CNET & Tucows. The Firefox Download box states the download is complete. I double click on the DefragSetup.exe and nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? What? Please, if you respond, instruct on a step-by-step basis. I'm just not that smart about computers.

Thanks.

The other thing you may want to check is Windows Installer to make sure it's enabled.I run XP so the steps may be a little different.Go to Start >Admin Tools >Services-expand the System Services window and scroll down to Windows Installer and make sure it is set to Automatic or Manual.If it is,that eliminates that from the equation.If it is set to Disabled,you must right click on it and choose Properties.In that window,from the "Start up Type" drop down menu,choose manual or automatic and then click on the "Apply" box,followed by the "Start" box.

Now this is the long way around from Solbjerg-If you still have the download shown in the FF download window,right click on it and select "Open Folder".Now right click on the folder and choose "Properties"-Then near the bottom of that window you will see the option to "Un-Block" the file.

Archived