IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

System restore changes r reversible but which

Hi

Today June 1st I accepted some changes to be made. Unfortunately, those changes, even after 2 reboots made my system go to a crawl--ex. 30 seconds for the R-click menu to pop-up anywhere. It takes me now about 5 minutes to shut dowm my PC and I have a fast one (AMD Athlon 4500+ w/ 2 G's or Ram). So Itried to undo thse changes but could not find out how. How does one do this?

So I clicked on the restore button. In the restore center, under system restore, it only gives one restore point which is 9 days old. What happened to the changes I made today? (This restore point was obviously one made by windows and not ASC since it was not yet installed then.)

Under System restore Settings it says, "Any changes made to your computer are completely reversible." If they are reversible where are the changes that were made?

Thank you

sorry this turned out to be 3 questions and not one.

my OS: windows xp sp3

pintree3, please read the posts in USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread in Lounge section. Most of the questions you ask, have an answer there!!!

In Restore Center window, the right pane should show dates of the Backups and # of changes made in those specific backups.

When you click on a Backup Date, the buttons below will become active.

You can either delete the backup, or undo the changes made by ASC 3.

These are the changes made by ASC 3

If you really want to undo, I would start from the last one and go back.

System Restore is a Windows OS's function. You can create a Restore Point in that function through ASC.

This function of ASC is very useful when there is a Group Policy restriction for System Restore function for your PC. (Specially in Vista.)

Normally you go to System Restore function of Windows as below:

start=>Programs=>Accessories=>System Tools=>System Restore window.

or,

start=>Run=>type restore=>double click rstrui.exe=>System Restore window

or,

start=>Run=>type %SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe=> System Restore window.

To open the control of System Restore:

Control Panel=>System=>System Properties window=>System Restore tab

or,

Right click My Computer icon=>Properties=>System Properties window=>System Restore tab.

Cheers.

ASC Crashed my system

Something went terribly wrong. a restore point was never made by ASC. I had only accepted some changes initially and then tried it again with other changes and this time a restore point was made.

Anyhow, since initialy a restore point was not made I question whether other things, changes were not done properly or something becuase since those initial changes done by ASC my PC went craazy--it slowed to a crawl, and I have a ver fast PC with lots of ram.

Now, my mouse will stop moving and I have to wait between 15 seconds to a minute or so. If I want to change from one tab to another the same time problem. To reboiit windows can take 10 to 20 minutes. In other words somehow the memory or cache or something was affected. and since I can't undo the changes I have no choice but to reinstall windows--I tried everything else but no go.

This reply here has taken me over 10 minutes to complete due to the above-mentioned problem and I am only taking the time to do so becuase I think the ASC people and all else here should know the damage this software has done to my computer. The loss of time has cost me dearly.

thank you for your advice and taking the time to read this post

Michael

Archived