IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Reinstallation of Winzip impossible

Philling

Hello,

I had installed an old and free version of WinZip that worked very well on my PC (W10).

Advanced System Care updated Winzip even though I didn't ask for it. I ended up with a time limited demo.

The demo of the new version has expired and even after deleting it, I cannot reinstall my old version of Winzip.

Advanced System Care is unable to remove the registry key that blocks the reinstallation of my old version of WinZip.

The only solution I see at the moment is to format the hard drive.

Unless someone has a solution ?

How did you delete it. I ask, because it sounds like there are still remnants present.

I suggest installing the demo winzip again. Then use Iobit Uninstaller to uninstall it and sleect to remove all remnants.

Then do a registry clean with ASC and try installing your old version. I would also disconnect from the net while installing the old version.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I did what you said. The demo installation has just expired. I removed it with Iobit Uninstaller pro. ASC failed to remove all remnants and I can't install my old winzip version, even when I disconnect from the internet.

I also deleted manually all winzip keys in the registry.

My question  :  How can ASC be prevented from doing software updates, without being asked ?

If you know that there are remnants left, then you should be able to uninstall those manually.

Look for any remaining files/folders in Appdata and program files, and if any, remove them.

I do not know why you manually deleted winzip keys from the registry, That can lead to all kinds of issues.

I specifically said, to do a Registry clean with ASC.

ASC does not do Software Updates without being asked. You have to tell it to do updates.

How do you know it was ASC that updated Winzip??

Hi

I have met some of the same problems like Philling - not winzip thou, but in the change from windows 10 to 11..

Often I "speak to win 11" like: who gave you permission to what you did? install new/ reinstall/ removed a program and so on..

My guess is that this is Micro$oft introducing : "You dont have to do (or think) of anything, we do it all for you - like it or not..."

• Thanks 1