IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag

Has anyone had any problems using this program? It seems to me that other defragers have some problems if you use your PC during defragmenting, especially if you move files.

Sorry, just realized that I should have posted in the Smart Defrag forum.

Thank you for your very prompt reply, very impressive!

Is Smart Defrag not running in the background most of the time (assuming the CPU usage is not above the setting for when you want Smart Defrag to be active)?

Good idea sunny staines.

razz,

SD will not be running in the background if there is not fragmented files. (I don't know what the treshold of the amount of fragmentation is!!!)

Cheers.

So is it advisable to use Smart Defrag or better to just simply use the defrag function of ASC (or a defragger like JkDefrag) when your PC will be idle?

For a long time, I used Norton Speed Disk to defragment my drives. It's a very thorough program, but it consumes HUGE amounts of system resources. Since it virtually crippled me accomplishing any work while it was running(even if I felt compelled to do so), I got into the habit of putting it on to run as I left the office for the day. I set my screensaver time to never so it wouldn't be competing for resources, turned off my monitor and went home. Everything would be done when I got there the next day.

I ran Smart Defrag for the first time last week and was completely astounded at how quickly it accomplished the task. I'm not sure that does it as completely as Speed Disk, but the difference in time makes that a trivial point. It seems to be a very good program.

Archived