IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Opera 10 Beta Released

detailer

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/opera10b.jpg

I just took these bandwith measurements using my Bandwith Meter Pro to evaluate 5 seperate downloads of 10 MB to 11 MB each on my Comcast internet connection as performed by my freshly installed Opera 10 Beta Browser. When I compare this to the same downloads done by Firefox at 10 Mbps its easy to see that Opera 10 Beta is 3X as fast plus it takes up 1/4 the hard drive real estate and uses 1/2 of the RAM that Firefox does.

Yes, out of the box Opera is no faster than Firefox, but the secret to getting Opera to fly is in tuning it by going to Tools>Preferences>Advanced>Network and increasing the Max connections to a server from the default of 8 up to the maximum of 128 and increasing the Max total connections from the default of 40 to 128. As you can see the result is indeed the fastest Browser on the planet!

~Maxx~

Archived