IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Slows down my computer then freezes it - BETA 3 OFFICIAL

Pentium 4 xp sp2 2.66ghz

yep as soon as I installed it and had adaware SE 2007 scanning, and running a manual scan at the same time it froze up the operating system. I had to force shutdown, then while running frostwire, went to sleep, came back, MY COMPUTER WAS SLOW, and slow, and my Dialup shortcut to dial-in opened up in notepad when clicked for some time, but I exited frostwire and still slow - end result I had to Force Reboot. :( I never had this problem with the other betas..

Settings where:

I checked defrag system directories which wasn't checked by default.

Set stop if CPU over - changed to 50%

Manual Defrag - Comprehensive

I also have iobit Stopped from connecting to your servers or whatever by comodo firewall.. I do not like it connecting or sending anything and auto updates is un-checked of soo, I do not know what the heck you implemented into it. and what you guys do to the info.. anyway the last beta had NOT this problem when blocked and yes I even have unlocker blocked at the firewall too...

Anyway besides that after the second crash I UN-CHECKED the system directories defrag which could of caused this problem.

I had last enabled defrag when idle every ten minutes, which by the way kept bugging me while even IOBIT DEFRAG was manual defragmenting which about the second or third time produced an error and only way was to shut it down. I later than re-disabled task scheduler, went into the shed and unchecked the box, however upon reviewing i found the the task still in there..

However for the manual defrag - CONGRATS it took longer this time waaay longer then the last beta and the end result of that was outstanding. :) i could really see the quickness of opening files, etc...

Hi Nowshining,

I think I would lower the CPU usage setting back down to around 20%. If you have programs running that use a lot of CPU and defrag at same time it could seriously bog down the computer. It may take quite a while to pull it back out of it if CPU usage spikes up. I have found the 20% is good, but some have set it down to 16-17%.

samr.

well actually after some time my svchost went to 100% esp. after installing a windows update, but anyway again i am testing to see if the new adaware SE is not the problem of that and maybe this, i uninstalled adaware SE 2k7 besides the fact the it basically went downhill esp. with the userface - in other words Not knowing how much it is downloading and when, confusing etc.. but again this is for them, as for the suggestion I read and then applied it. :)

I am going to reboot after this post and see if my problems went away..

Hi nowshining, samr

Nowshining I had those problems you're describing. After that v3.0 beta has become totally useless. It can't even stay in the system tray when I disable automatic defrag. It is supposed to stop doing anything if it's over set CPU usage.

Well, it seems that on my computer it completely disregards this:) and dispite my setting the CPU usage to 12% the processor goes up to 50% before I get the usual error message.

I am wondering, what should your Smartdefrag be doing with

1. Scheduled defrag disabled

2. Automatic defrag disabled.

It's a mystery to me.

Thanks for your answers

Archived