IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Please Post Bugs or problems with IObit Security 360 Here

samr

Iobit 360 against spybot search and destroy

8) Hi i read in a test where the conclusion was, spybot found nothing of the threats. Well i give Iobit 360 a chance install it, and make a scan, it found nothing on my pc, so if spybot is so bad as i read in the test i think Iobit 360 should find a lot of threats, but it found nothing????? so how serious is your test. So i think Spybot is a better choice.:mrgreen:

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi hn

Don't you think that the seriousness of your own test is questionable??

References and results from impartial testing under the same conditions (or as close to that as possible) is a prerequisite.

Cheers

solbjerg

8) Hi i read in a test where the conclusion was, spybot found nothing of the threats. Well i give Iobit 360 a chance install it, and make a scan, it found nothing on my pc, so if spybot is so bad as i read in the test i think Iobit 360 should find a lot of threats, but it found nothing????? so how serious is your test. So i think Spybot is a better choice.:mrgreen:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Media Player Classic

Greetings,

I installed IObit Security 360 PRO V1.10 couple days ago on one of my systems running Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, AVG Free 8.5 and I also have latest version of Spybot installed.

My system has been clean, all I find is cookies from time to time, can't remember tha last time I've had an infection, I also have my browser set to confirm each and every cookie and block %99 of them.

The only issue I have with IObit Security 360 PRO V1.10 so far is that since I installed it, Media Player Classic will not run, I get an error that MPC has stopped working, I have always used MPC which is included in K-Lite Codec (currently have Pack 530 Full) with no problems and never use WMP.

All yesterday, I un-installed K-Lite, re-installed it number of times, deleted MANY entries from the Registry and un-installed MANY programs, checked all DLLs and what have you and MPC still don't run and crashes, WMP also was giving some DLL error which I fixed. at least, I did my "year end" house cleaning ;).

Today, I closed IObit Security 360 PRO V1.10 by right clicking on the tray icon and selecting Exit, and MPC opens up and plays with no problems. If I start IObit Security 360 PRO V1.10, MPC will crash, so I have to turn it OFF when I want to watch a video or something.

I tried Automatic and advanced protection OFF one by one and both, MPC still crashes, I am trying to include the .exe in "ignor" that is when I found the Forum after clicking on Help and haven't played with the ignor or other settings yet.

I did search the Forums for similar issues but did not find any related thread.

Please advise.

TIA,

MCNE

I am trying to reinstall 360 pro, but there is no link available to download from. Any idea when this will be fixed. I am without antivirus for the moment.

Try this http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=4716 but remember that 360 Pro and 360 free do NOT protect from Viruses for which a separate program should be downloaded and installed such as AVG, AVAST. etc

Good Question jjj.

I recently (2 days ago) helped a friend install 7 over vista basic. All went well but I was unsure about 360.. and he wanted it despite controversy! I was already aware of the disconnected links with CNET, maj geeks.. etc. Left him with good words of wisdom, and no 360, he's waiting for me to deliver!

Many companies thought they were ready and they still aren't. As of yesterday AVG was still struggling. (but they're slow and heavy anyway).

Good question? Thats what we need to be talking about on the forum!

thanks yes i think i asked -i know its fine on the mention Os

the other thing i ask a while back was that only (i think) that IE is defaulted to

open? i use comit bird--and would like to see -it protected as well -as IE is -

now i cant speak for fire fox or any other browser .but the asking of the above

i would like to see in the next upgrade? By that i mean o win 7 all feature add on working --i know thy are flat chat -but perhaps thy(iobitt) may concider My ask?

itsmejjj

i have no IE on my system --uninstalled --i need this to work -i depend on this for my test pc--and have to use a other software -that i do not want--

please can you look at this as well

many thank you

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2393&stc=1&d=1257622063

in my case 2 hot fixes 80 meg of extras,-but i already have ser pack 1 so that may explain it

one way or the other -we are one of the elite to have this -i can not give more than ,that as i am bound to to agreement with MS,not to pass info to the public--without the permission of the agreement--

itsmejjj

But, I doubt if IObit considers Comet, before considering Opera, Chrome and Safari.

OK that's a pity well makes it harder for me-never mind -looks like i shall have to keep the other application--as well -just to clean my browser out -i use Ncleaner -suggested by a Member -to try out -so i tweeked it just for this-plus clean a few odd and ends--

itsmejjj

Problem with IObit Security 360 v. 1.20

I am running IObit 360 version 1.20 and generally am favorably impressed. However, each day on initial boot up of my system (Windows XP SP3) I get a message that a new version of IObit Security 360 is now available and asking me to download. The new version has been available for a while now, and I downloaded and installed it many weeks ago when it first was available. I am trying to figure out why the program continues to flag my attention to download daily even though I have the latest version already installed. If I try to download and install, I get a message that I am running the latest version. This is fast becoming a daily annoyance which I would like to resolve. Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Passive options and Sweep

The ActiveX control in the Passive options creates problems with downloads and the sweep cleaned a file needed to uninstall Mozilla, but was restored. 360 and Ad-Aware didn't find 27 files that Malwarebytes found. Appears to be semi-redundant with the ASC Pro.

I wouldn't agree with you that IS 360 is semi-redundant together with ASC Pro.

They have common functions, but completely two different programs for different functions.

You can uncheck the item you think creating problems with downloads.

I would like to know which one it is!!!

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Does S360 have a memory leakage problem?? I have installed the registered edition on one machine and the free version on several others. ALL of them (XP, Vista 32 and Win7-64) become non-responsive giving a "low on resources" error when left running overnight. The time elapsed till this happens varies, the Win-7 machine is the worst, XP takes the longest.

Removing S360 eliminates the problem.

Security Holes bug for v. 1.40

I found what appears to be a bug in "Security Holes" for IS 360 V. 1.40.

I am running XP SP3. Security holes finds "Security Update for Flash Player (KB923789) 5/13/08 MS06-069". When installing, it tells me that it does not match the version of flash I have. I have tried to add to the ignore list, but it still comes up each scan & does not appear in the ignore list. It also does not show when I check Microsoft Updates.

samr.

Hi Okie

The one about flash player - what does it say is the problem?

The one about Internet Explorer 6 - do you still use IE6? Or is it just that you still have leftovers from that program?

Just use common sense in dealing with those securty holes reports, they are often like this (not very important)

The Security holes application works very much like the Secunia program.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi I'm getting two holes. Can't ignore or fix either. I hope I'm doing this right.---Okie