IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Please Post Bugs or problems with IObit Security 360 Here

samr

Internet access

Hi jjj :smile:

I am not the expert on this but I would assume that Security Holes checker needs internet connection to check with the Windows Update site (or wherever) to make sure you are up to date.

Knowing your fondness for tweaking your internet connection ( :smile: ) I ask if you have done any tweaking that might be stopping the automatic connection ?

Just a thought

All the best, woz of oz

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi ---yeh its all allowed,nothing blocked to the updates.nor 360

i even turned of ZONE Alarm...and disengaged the ip stopper.did a update check MS (yes i did) mater of fact over 55 of them are up to date 64 bit.Home premium edition of win7..yet get nothing..from 360 telling me a thing or show..

yet it linked freely..

i never used it but as for and demonstrate the program.run across this clinch..

its the latest one ,brand new installed..on the system.and Clean..

software is Minnaminnie installed i use c cleaner,zone alarm,fire fox,snap app,

360.win 7 control free ,VLC ..nothing that should stop any thing..

itsmejjj

Internet explorer

As a disclaimer, I do Not care for internet explorer.

I was not aware that IoBit 360 Pro required it prior to purchase.

As a result - many functions are incomplete, including links to support.

Additionally, it is Not recognized by Windows Security Alerts as an effective means of protection.

If it is not Windows friendly or Firefox friendly what good is it?

Furthermore, upon reinstatement - it deleted all email accounts!!

Thanx guys.....great piece of Trojan work

• 3 weeks later...

Passive Defense

I was reviewing all of the options within the 360 and I noticed that in the passive defense it only provides protection for IE. However, in reviewing the privacy sweeper it covers 5 of the major browsers. How is it that IE is the only one available in the Passive Defense? Should it not also cover the other major browsers? Granted IE is a prime target, but it is not limited to that particular browser per say..

• 2 weeks later...

Update New Definitions For 12-1-2010 Does Not Clear

In the updater for Security 360 - the New Definitions for 12-1-2010 says that it is updated after we do the update - but it still appears after you do the update! What is the story on this and how do we correct it? It just appeared today 12-1.

Hi TNPanMan

Yes by me too. In the folder it says that the additional.def file is still the one from the 30th of November.

They must have made a mistake with the file they uploaded - also it isn't larger than the one from 30/11

I will wait to sometime tomorrow/today (2/12) and check again to see if they have fixed it - wait 10 hours or so and then check again.

Cheers

solbjerg

In the updater for Security 360 - the New Definitions for 12-1-2010 says that it is updated after we do the update - but it still appears after you do the update! What is the story on this and how do we correct it? It just appeared today 12-1.

Temporary solution! [THE GLITCH IS CORRECTED!]

Temporary Solution!

Open the hidden Update folder in your IS360 main folder and cut and paste Additional.def (downloaded today) to the main folder.

Restart IS360

That's it, the definition file is 2009!

Cheers.

EDIT: The glitch is already corrected.

The problem is solved

Hi TNPanMan

Yes by me too. In the folder it says that the additional.def file is still the one from the 30th of November.

They must have made a mistake with the file they uploaded - also it isn't larger than the one from 30/11

I will wait to sometime tomorrow/today (2/12) and check again to see if they have fixed it - wait 10 hours or so and then check again.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello TNPanMan, solbjerg,

Sorry for the inconvenience to you.

It is our little mistake here but has already been solved. Please update your IS360 to the latest definitions version 1/12.

Best Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Unhandled win32 exception

I just purchased and installed iobit security 360 and running PC Security Analysis causes the following error message:

Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger

An unhandled win32 exception occurred in is360.exe [1352]. Just-in-time debugging this exception failed with the following error: No installed debugger has Just-In-Time Debugging enabled. In Visual Studio, Just-in-time debugging can be enabled from Tools/Options/Debugging/Just-In-Time.

check the documentation for 'Just-in-tinme debugging, errors' for more information.

If JIT debugging is enabled, it starts the debugger when it is run.

Is there a problem with the application or is there something special that I need to do to stop this message?

I must run VS 2008 and 2005 since I use it for programming.

Please advise since this is a major problem to me for something that I paid for.

Thanks.

Welcome

Welcome to the forum jeffsandoval :smile:

Could you please supply some information.

• Your OS (XP, Vista or 7 & 36 or 64 bit ?)

• What is the Error message

• Any other software running at the time (especially security software)

• Anything else you think is relevant

All the best, woz of oz

I'm using Vista 32bit

Error Messages: WerFault.exe - System Error (Unknown Hard Error)

is360.exe - System Error (Unknown Hard Error)

Application Error - Exception EFOpenError in module rt|120.bpl at 0004BCC7. Cannot Open file "C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\SecurityHoles.db". The System Cannot find the file specified.

Application Error - Exception EOSError in module rt|120.bpl at 0002A989 System Error. Code : 5 Access is Denied(2 times)

Application Error - Exception EOSError in module rt|120.bpl at 0002A989 System Error. Code : 1400 Invalid Window Handle.

(And then the Security 360 will close and now in system tray)

I'm running Malware Fighter and Avira Premium Security Suite.

The problem is solved

I'm using Vista 32bit

Error Messages: WerFault.exe - System Error (Unknown Hard Error)

is360.exe - System Error (Unknown Hard Error)

Application Error - Exception EFOpenError in module rt|120.bpl at 0004BCC7. Cannot Open file "C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\SecurityHoles.db". The System Cannot find the file specified.

Application Error - Exception EOSError in module rt|120.bpl at 0002A989 System Error. Code : 5 Access is Denied(2 times)

Application Error - Exception EOSError in module rt|120.bpl at 0002A989 System Error. Code : 1400 Invalid Window Handle.

(And then the Security 360 will close and now in system tray)

I'm running Malware Fighter and Avira Premium Security Suite.

Hello jeffsandoval,

We have already resolved this problem in our latest released version of IS360. Please try to download and install IS360 v1.5.0 (1228) through the link below:

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=6088

Best Regards.

hijacl log please advise if ok or not thankyou

Logfile of IObit HijackScan v0.2.0.0

Scan saved at 15:55:8, on 2011-1-1

Running processes:

C:\Windows\System32\smss.exe

C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe

C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe

C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe

C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\Windows\system32\services.exe

C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe

C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe

C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe

C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe

C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe

C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\is360srv.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe

C:\Program Files\Norton\Engine\18.1.0.37\ccSvcHst.exe

C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe

C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe

C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe

C:\Program Files\Norton\Engine\18.1.0.37\ccSvcHst.exe

C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe

C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe

C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe

C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\7\Intel 32\IDriver.exe

C:\Windows\Explorer.exe

C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe

C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopManager.exe

C:\Program Files\3 MobileBroadband\3 MobileBroadband.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\is360.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\is360tray.exe

C:\Users\bmhome\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\a_hijackscan.exe

C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe

O3 - Toolbar: Norton Toolbar - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} -

O4 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\: [ABBYY Screenshot Reader Bonus]

O4 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup

O4 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\: [iObit Security 360] "C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\IS360tray.exe" /autostart

O23 - Service: ASUS System Control Service - Unknown - C:\Program Files\ASUS\AsSysCtrlService\1.00.02\AsSysCtrlService.exe

O23 - Service: DCOM Server Process Launcher - Unknown -

O23 - Service: Diagnostic Policy Service - Unknown -

O23 - Service: Group Policy Client - Unknown -

O23 - Service: Windows CardSpace - Unknown - %systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\infocard.exe

O23 - Service: Intrepid Backup - Kinetiq Ltd - C:\Program Files\Reckon Backup\OnlineBackupScheduler.exe

O23 - Service: IS360service - IObit - C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\is360srv.exe

O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe

O23 - Service: Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service - Unknown - %systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\SMSvcHost.exe

O23 - Service: Norton Internet Security - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton\Engine\18.1.0.37\ccSvcHst.exe

O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Unknown - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe

O23 - Service: Remote Procedure Call (RPC) - Unknown -

O23 - Service: Security Accounts Manager - Unknown -

O23 - Service: Secondary Logon - Unknown - %windir%\system32\svchost.exe

O23 - Service: Distributed Link Tracking Client - Unknown -

O23 - Service: Windows Modules Installer - Unknown -

O23 - Service: Diagnostic Service Host - Unknown -

O23 - Service: Diagnostic System Host - Unknown -

O23 - Service: GoogleDesktopManager - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopManager.exe

O23 - Service: Google Desktop Manager 5.9.1005.12335 - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe

Security Holes Fix Hangs during MS downloads

Iobit Security 360 v1.50

Security Holes 2.0 beta

XP sp3

Firefox 3.6.13

hi speed internet

Ran Security Holes scan. It showed a bunch of required MS Security Updates. I clicked "Fix" 41 downloaded ok, but then it appeared to hang. Rebooted. Started it up again to retry. Selected all, except the "Genuine Advantage" ones. Clicked "Fix". Download progress windows appears. Left it for several hours, but nothing downloaded.

Its a great idea to be able to catch up on all these updates like this. But why won't it finish?

Security Holes Fix Hangs during MS downloads

I tried checking just a few files at a time (not including the 'Genuine' ones) and that worked ...somewhat.

But if, after the first set of downloads, I went back to the Holes interface and checked a few more files, and clicked Fix I would get a system pop-up "Division by Zero". So then I would close down Security Holes and restart it and then it would run a few more files. But sometimes the download will still hang and I have to start over. Almost done now, but its a pain to have to keep checking and restarting the app. And this Division by Zero thing - it it a bug?

problem with Passive Protection

When I try to activate Firefox cookie protection i get an error message

"Error executing SQL, Error[1]:SQL error cv missing data base. Insert into moz_hosts values (1,"doubleclick.net,""cookie",2) Table moz_host has 6 columns but 4 values were supplied.

However, on the passive Protection screen, it says they are all enabled. Any solutions for this. I have deleted and reinstalled 360 and Firefox. My system is Win Vista 32 bit X86 with Service pack 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Caqn I get some help here

"Error executing SQL, Error[1]:SQL error cv missing data base. Insert into moz_hosts values (1,"doubleclick.net,""cookie",2) Table moz_host has 6 columns but 4 values were supplied.

However, on the passive Protection screen, it says they are all enabled. Any solutions for this. I have deleted and reinstalled 360 and Firefox. My system is Win Vista 32 bit X86 with Service pack 2.

Anyone have any answers , or am I talking to the wind

Problem with Passive Protection

Can someone help????????