IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Please Post Bugs or problems with IObit Security 360 Here

samr

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is strange

Hi I am new. I Have Advanced System care on my PC. I saw the news in on the program news about IObit security 360. I downloaded it ran the scan and it removed my WinASO 4.20. Then when I try to install it again it is saying it is a Malware. Now why would it say that when it is a safe registered download at Cnet download.com. If it was logged as a Malware it wouldn't be safe to download and removed from the site. Also when I restart my Pc after I ran the scan my Spy Sweep and Ad-ware detected interaspy- issrv.exe. Now this malware was not on my Pc before I downloaded and ran 360 but after Spysweeper and Ad-Aware found it. I don't know is this malware deals with 360 program but for me it doesn't seem to be a safe Beta.

I am just wondering before I uninstall it.

Update-Even though I had disabled its real time protection and ability to run at boot from within itself and the ASC Start-up Manager,I forgot to disable the ability for SAS to run at boot through Anvir Task Manager.I don't believe SAS will be "waking up" again.Sorry I didn't investigate further before posting previously.

Ezekiel

Welcome to the wonderful world of Beta testing my friend!! Your previous security being identified as Malware upon attempting to reinstall it is probably a false positive from 360.Compatibility issues will arise for quite some time to come while IObit attempts to process all of the feedback regarding these issues.Be patient,and continue to provide as much accurate information as possible.On the last issue,it sounds as if Spy Sweeper and AdAware are showing a false positive for 360.It's going to take a while for all the different kids to play nicely together in the same sand box!

Okay, I have Windows XP Professional and I have now tested it, what I recognized was:

- it doesn't identify Avira as my Anti Virus

- the icon in tray isn't really transparent, this doesn't look good (Picture click here)

- if you run a scan and close the program to tray and then double click the icon, it doesn't show the scan progress, it does only if you have activated the setting "Minimize to system tray when program is closed", but altough that's okay I'd think if this setting isn't activated and you close the program while scanning, it shouldn't show in tray the scan animation.

~ I was looking at the files it were scanning and searched some by myself in my Explorer (f.E. C:\ekdiag.exe or so semiliar), but I couldn't find some of them, I think this is always okay, caus I read the program is using a special method to scan files deeper than other scanners. So maybe this file exists, but I'm curious ...

+ it has already found some infections and cleaned them - great job!

+ it is updating very fast and in such 4 or 5 h there was new definitions to download!

I'm looking forward to the release of this program, it seems to get a really great must-have app.

IObit security crashed pc on restart

After download and install worked great, ran scan etc.

Later I restarted pc both internet and windows explorer would crash or freeze on opening, even the "start" button would not work. excel would not open either.

went into safemode and deleted IObit security 360 restarted pc and all OK again.

I am using Vista ultimate SP2.

Anyone else had this. Looks like I am out till next beta.

Norton 360 ver3 as my main security suite

use spywareblaster and spybot S&D in addition to ASC3 to block crap.

use MBAM, SAS, A2 Squared as scanning/repairing for spyware

windows defender for live background monitoring 

Thats too many stuff! It isn't true that, the more security programs you use, the better your security is! Some programs can block them selves. First Windows Defender is crap, you can deactivate it,

Spyware: SpywareBlaster + Spybot

Tuneup: ASC

Anti Virus: Norton is ok,

MBAM + SAS + asquared isn't a must, you don't need them. They are just for scanning and they are not offering a realtime protection, moreover they are all malware scanners, you can deinstall two of them and still use one program and this will be enough.

Syp

Hi I agree and disagree-Norton is pure junk-period.(but Sunny has good luck with it so we let him slide)As for on demand scanners,they are necessary-I have several, as second and even third opinions are a good thing.If they did all have real time protection,that would be a bad thing! Windows Defender is by far not the sharpest tool in the shed either.I agree there shouldn't be too much running all at once,but the more tools in the chest to break out when you want to make sure you are clean is a must.To each his own,but I'll stick with an arsenal of back-ups!-Sunny-got ten bucks says Norton is your compatibility issue-I've never had it play nicely with any other real time app.-precisely why I won't use it anymore(and did I mention it's junk?)

James

Hi What were the four problems specifically? This app. is supposed to find infections others can not(their words,not mine)Besides,Norton can't find squat,and there is the possibility of false positives by 360-It is still a Beta.

hi

Hi What were the four problems specifically? This app. is supposed to find infections others can not(their words,not mine)Besides,Norton can't find squat,and there is the possibility of false positives by 360-It is still a Beta.

Before the scan started it alredy said 4 problems

Reply on my security software I only use SAS, MBAM, A2 once a month for a scan.

windows defender has popped up a couple of times with warnings on webs some of which norton did not, I do not think its as crap as it used to be. now with updates every few days. With norton I was involved the the beta testing and got a free copy and well impressed with it not crap like it used to be either. Some programs start off bad but then improve but the bad reputation never goes.

Excellent Program - There doesn't appear to be any indication of the maximum size of the Quarantine or an easily identified way of restoring a perceived threat in the event that it was a necessary file for the operation of another software package.

Also find that only two spyware cookies are identified which both relate to incredimail whilst a scan with ASquare found 20

Having said that I much prefer Security 360 which does not seem as bloated as ASquared - I updated much quicker and did not report LogMeIn or PCAnywhere as threats

My AntiVirus Antivir Premium Desktop was correctly identified

Ok, so im new to this forum and i was a huge fan of ASC and after finding out about the Securtiy 360 (i did one of the name submissions) i had to try it. So i have a few questions about the beta. One, when i go under protect, each protection says on, but when i click on it (was just experimenting :P) it shows blank white strips, is that supposed to be there?

http://codyw.weebly.com/uploads/1/7/4/2/1742312/7528009.jpg

Another i found, was under tools, all the tools in it look great, but im not able to open them or even click them, will it be released in an updated beta? Also, another thing that is almost like what i last said, on the status tab, there is the PC Security Analysis and it looks like there to be check boxes, tryed checking, didnt do anything, and also the check now, its greyed out just like in the tools, so it goes back to my last question, will this be coming out in a newer update? Thanks

Ok, so im new to this forum and i was a huge fan of ASC and after finding out about the Securtiy 360 (i did one of the name submissions) i had to try it. So i have a few questions about the beta. One, when i go under protect, each protection says on, but when i click on it (was just experimenting :P) it shows blank white strips, is that supposed to be there?

http://codyw.weebly.com/uploads/1/7/4/2/1742312/7528009.jpg

Another i found, was under tools, all the tools in it look great, but im not able to open them or even click them, will it be released in an updated beta? Also, another thing that is almost like what i last said, on the status tab, there is the PC Security Analysis and it looks like there to be check boxes, tryed checking, didnt do anything, and also the check now, its greyed out just like in the tools, so it goes back to my last question, will this be coming out in a newer update? Thanks

All these features are to be added in later Beta's, so what you are experiencing is correct. :smile:

Except for those white stripes...

I too am having problems with Security 360 and AVG Internet Security. Seemed to work ok last night, but today when I boot up, AVG crashes every time. "avgdumpx.exe encountered a problem and must close..."

The only fix I could find was to un-install Security 360. I guess I am also out until next release.

samr.

okay

after i installed IObit Security 360, both the 360 Beta and my ASCPro did not load on the start up, i have to manually open them up

still does not recognize my antivirus - Eset NOD32 4 (Windows 7 OS)

edit: NOD32 4 is recognized on an XP operating system, tried the beta on another pc

I too am having problems with Security 360 and AVG Internet Security. Seemed to work ok last night, but today when I boot up, AVG crashes every time. "avgdumpx.exe encountered a problem and must close..."

The only fix I could find was to un-install Security 360. I guess I am also out until next release.

samr.

Me too, anything to do with it all & an error message just comes up, sorry but don't know how to copy the message to here as when I right click on it you just get close or move up. Also receiving emails in Microsoft outlook is a no go. I think I'm going to have to uninstall 360 :-?

avgtray.exe - Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812afb.

This is one of the messages that comes up.

thanks.:-?

After download and install worked great, ran scan etc.

Later I restarted pc both internet and windows explorer would crash or freeze on opening, even the "start" button would not work. excel would not open either.

went into safemode and deleted IObit security 360 restarted pc and all OK again.

I am using Vista ultimate SP2.

Anyone else had this. Looks like I am out till next beta.

Sounds like what happen to me. I just killed it and everything was ok again. As the same version of OS as you do will all the updates. Hope beta 2 fixes this.