IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Please Post Bugs or problems with IObit Security 360 Here

samr

Hi, Sam,

I've corrected my menu background colour: I right-clicked the desktop and clicked Properties > Themes, then clicked the Windows XP (Modified) theme off and back on again. All sweet again now. My Theme had been changed, my Desktop Icons were changed, my Sticky Keys settings had been changed and my Windows log-on and off music had been reset. Hopefully, that's it!

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ted,

Thanks for the info, but it didn't work for me. Switched it off & back, but the drop menus were still grey. However, my toolbar in IE8 went completely black. I had to use system restore to get it back. Oh, well, maybe they will fix it. I can live with grey for now.

samr.

Hi samr

Have you tried this:

Performance

"Let Windows choose the best settings for your computer"

This window can be reached by writing sysdm.cpl in "Run" or

The Windows key + Pause/Break Opens System Settings and then you choose the tab Advanced and the button Performance - Settings

Or you can right click My Computer, choose Properties - the tab Advanced and the button "Settings" in the Performance section.

This can sometimes restore settings that the System Optimize has changed, but you will then have to place that "problem" in the Ignore List the next time you run System Optimize.

There are further possibilities in that window if you want to experiment a bit.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Ted,

Thanks for the info, but it didn't work for me. Switched it off & back, but the drop menus were still grey. However, my toolbar in IE8 went completely black. I had to use system restore to get it back. Oh, well, maybe they will fix it. I can live with grey for now.

samr.

rundll interference

Took me a while to figure out that IObit Security 360 was the culprit on this.

Whenever I tried to modify the desktop properties (wallpaper, color, theme, et al.), an error dialog popped up to inform that "Run dll as an app has encountered a problem and needs to close." MS's Dr. Watson Post Mortem was also invoked. Both error dialogs hung up the system and I'd have to go into the Task Manager to end any instances of those processes. A hassle for sure.

Troubleshooting on the web led me to

• reinstall rundll32.exe in multiple locations
  • update graphics drivers
  • disable real-time malware scanners, script blockers, etc. to boot up in safe mode and run an app called SDFix
  • uninstall various desktop enhancer applications

All to no effect.

Finally, I checked the Event Viewer and examined the properties of the rundll32.exe failure and discovered that the file responsible for the error was ismon.dll, which turns out to belong to IObit Security 360. After uninstalling the program, I was able to apply desktop modifications without incident.

Additional information: ismon.EXE may be associated with some malware.

System: Windows 2000XP Pro 5.1.2600 SP 3.0 (64-bit).

I am using windows 7 build 7232 64bit. There is a few problems with it does not matter which version of 360 i use nor does it matter which capability mode i use. Here is a list of problems I have ran into.

1. Error pops up when first loaded with the computer. (Error goes away upon clicking restart in error box.)

2.Only thing that works is updating and manual scan.

Is this a problem with this build specifically or 64 bit versions only. If its only a problem with this build i wont worry about it being I will have a copy of RTM sometime soon. Thanks

Hi solbjerg & Ted,

"Let Windows decide" did not fix the menu color scheme, but this works:

(XP)Right click desktop-properties-appearance-advanced, under items select "menu" then change the color to white-OK-Apply. Menus are back to white now.

samr.

Malwarebytes a threat???

Just to let you know, with IS360 running I opened up my Malwarebytes program and performed the upgrade it showed as having. During the upgrade, IS360 flagged it as a threat. Well, I new that was not correct. Fortunately, IS360 had an allow box and a 'remember this action' box I used. It's nice that IS360 is looking out for my computer, but it did produce a false positive...

360 Problems

Reading some of the problems others have had such as 'screensaver settings'

being changed and 'desktop' changes I now know what happened to me.

I was a bit confused when so many changes happened.

When I went into Advanced System Care and it recommended changes, I went ahead and trusted but it caused big problems for me.

I will wait until 360 gets more stable.

KOR-

More Installation Problems

When 360 is running it seems to refuse to allow some data to be stored in the registry for other programs when they are installed or upgraded.

As soon as 360 was installed my media player, KM Player, stopped working. It gave address read errors as soon as it started. I reinstalled the player but was unable to get the settings on some options to be saved when 360 is running. IF 360 is off, the settings get saved but then get cleared when 360 starts again.

I upgraded my browser bookmarking program yesterday. The upgrade installation works but 360 deletes the registration information when the bookmarking program closes. As a result, each time that program starts it runs its first time setup wizard. With 360 closed, the data gets saved and there's no problem. But, as soon as 360 is started, that data gets deleted again.

I can't run 360 now because I'm spending too much time registering and installing software I already have on my machine. The bookmarking program, Link Stash, does not get listed as any kind of threat by 360, but it certainly treats it as one.

Like everyone else, I don't run every program every day and am afraid of what I will find when other programs are started. My system is backed up so I haven't lost any data but testing 360 is not enough reason to spend so much time restoring from backup.

bug report sent to you and its answer

sent a bug report approx 19.00bst. i was playin around in windows services to try and get my automatic updates to work, and i started/enabled those that had been stopped/manualed by AWC free system optimizer. re booted pc and got bug report (sent to you). decided to reoptimize on the off chance and the 12 settings were done. rebooted again No bug report/problem. check my last 2 restore to correct/amend i360

:oops:

Tools

How are we to evaluate the tools an whether or not they do the trick if they are not included in the Beta version? Although what is interesting is that the program did detect a piece of malware that I was sure was on my pc for several years and it finally came out. After all that time my suspicion was correct and this beta version found what I had suspected for so long! Maybe now, the mouse hijack will stop. Also, is this program strictly for security purposes and not in any way going to be like ASC? The reason once again being that the tools section is not included with the beta program and so leaves us in a position of wondering as in ASC free it does not do the trick for the computer there either without buying the upgrade. And then no one knows if it really works either.

Not sure if this has been brought up yet.

Hey i am loving the new software but have come into a problem that although is not serious, is pretty annoying.

I am running XP SP3 and whenever I switch my computer on everything runs at start up fine (Including smart defrag) however security 360 always always always starts up with a box in the middle of my screen saying 'An error has occurred in the application'.

It then has an option to:

'continue application' (which is faded out)

'Restart application' (which i always click which then allows the program to run)

'show bug report' (which does show me it exactly)

'Send bug report' (Which whenever i click and fill out details it simply says 'bug report not sent)

Can someone please help me to sort the program up so that it runs fine without me having to click restart application at every start up.

Hi aled

Please - what application does the error occur in?

Could you provide a screenshot of it - or an attachment of the error report?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hey i am loving the new software but have come into a problem that although is not serious, is pretty annoying.

I am running XP SP3 and whenever I switch my computer on everything runs at start up fine (Including smart defrag) however security 360 always always always starts up with a box in the middle of my screen saying 'An error has occurred in the application'.

It then has an option to:

'continue application' (which is faded out)

'Restart application' (which i always click which then allows the program to run)

'show bug report' (which does show me it exactly)

'Send bug report' (Which whenever i click and fill out details it simply says 'bug report not sent)

Can someone please help me to sort the program up so that it runs fine without me having to click restart application at every start up.

Oh yeh sorry forgot to upload pics haha this is what happens during start-up of my computer with iobit security 360.

http://FastFreeFileHosting.com/file/18178/iobit-error-bmp.html

After that it does not allow me to send the error report (always fails to send) only to see it which is here...

http://FastFreeFileHosting.com/file/18179/iobit-bug-report-bmp.html

Once i click restart application it starts up fine and all is good.

If you need any more information please just ask :)

Hi aled

Have you tried letting ASC run a scan of your computer and check it for errors?

If you have - then I would suggest a completely clean install of 360.

Uninstall and then delete by hand its folder too!

Then install a fresh unblocked download of the newest 360.

Cheers

solbjerg

Oh yeh sorry forgot to upload pics haha this is what happens during start-up of my computer with iobit security 360.

http://FastFreeFileHosting.com/file/18178/iobit-error-bmp.html

After that it does not allow me to send the error report (always fails to send) only to see it which is here...

http://FastFreeFileHosting.com/file/18179/iobit-bug-report-bmp.html

Once i click restart application it starts up fine and all is good.

If you need any more information please just ask :)

Yes i use ASC on a regular basis, more often than not once a day and it has not come up with any problems.

I have completed a thorough uninstall/delete using revo uninstaller's most thorough setting.

Then went into my program files and removed all evidence that 360 had existed.

I followed this with a total clean of the computer and registry using ASC and CCleaner

Then used a fresh install of 360 security but to no avail.

It is coming up with the exact same error that it used to do.

Its ok i dont mind clicking restart application at each start up, it is only a beta afterall.

I just hope its sorted out in future upgrades.

Thanks for your time

Ok aled

But it is a bit strange that we do not all get that??

If you stumble over something that stops it, please let us know.

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes i use ASC on a regular basis, more often than not once a day and it has not come up with any problems.

I have completed a thorough uninstall/delete using revo uninstaller's most thorough setting.

Then went into my program files and removed all evidence that 360 had existed.

I followed this with a total clean of the computer and registry using ASC and CCleaner

Then used a fresh install of 360 security but to no avail.

It is coming up with the exact same error that it used to do.

Its ok i dont mind clicking restart application at each start up, it is only a beta afterall.

I just hope its sorted out in future upgrades.

Thanks for your time

Hey solbjerg.

I believe i have found the problem that was causing 360 to fail at start up.

I am running Kaspersky Internet Security 2009. Upon install of KIS 2009 it asks whether you would like Automatic (I think its automatic) protection (for basic users) or Interactive protection (Allows experienced users to control all applications)

Clicking automatic protection appears to make Kaspersky think by default that 360 security is a bad start up program and does not allow it to run.

However installing with Interactive protection and unticking 'Select actions automatically' allows 360 security to run at start up with no problems at all. It does not even ask me to allow/disallow 360, even though it did with every other start up application.

Hope this helps.