IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Please Post Bugs or problems with IObit Security 360 Here

samr

Hi aled

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Very glad to hear you solved the problem.

Will probably help some other users. Great aled!!

But it is strange that there should be a difference between Interactive and automatic in your Kaspersky?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hey solbjerg.

I believe i have found the problem that was causing 360 to fail at start up.

I am running Kaspersky Internet Security 2009. Upon install of KIS 2009 it asks whether you would like Automatic (I think its automatic) protection (for basic users) or Interactive protection (Allows experienced users to control all applications)

Clicking automatic protection appears to make Kaspersky think by default that 360 security is a bad start up program and does not allow it to run.

However installing with Interactive protection and unticking 'Select actions automatically' allows 360 security to run at start up with no problems at all. It does not even ask me to allow/disallow 360, even though it did with every other start up application.

Hope this helps.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another fault.

Hey thought i could help out abit further.

It appears that '360 security' stops the user from saving personal settings such as how contacts are arranged and different contact backgrounds within 'windows live messenger'.

I came across this issue when i did a fresh install of 'windows live messenger' only to find that my contacts were positioned all over the place. After trying to put them in an order in the options menu (Online people visible, offline people invisible etc) it simply wouldn't save the settings.

I could click the save button but nothing happened.

With live messenger open i disabled 360 security to which windows live messenger simply shut down automatically. However upon restarting messenger it worked fine and everything saved fine.

It therefore shows that 360 security stops users from using the options menu.

Perhaps this could be fixed soon.

Hey thought i could help out abit further.

It appears that '360 security' stops the user from saving personal settings such as how contacts are arranged and different contact backgrounds within 'windows live messenger'.

I came across this issue when i did a fresh install of 'windows live messenger' only to find that my contacts were positioned all over the place. After trying to put them in an order in the options menu (Online people visible, offline people invisible etc) it simply wouldn't save the settings.

I could click the save button but nothing happened.

With live messenger open i disabled 360 security to which windows live messenger simply shut down automatically. However upon restarting messenger it worked fine and everything saved fine.

It therefore shows that 360 security stops users from using the options menu.

Perhaps this could be fixed soon.

I have seeing this too with yahoo messenger. This could be happening to other programs too.

For testing purpose;

I installed 360 and no problems there. I ran the full check and the software performed well. After reboot the file "IS360systray.exe" did not start and Vista gave me a pop up that it has stopped this program from running. I had to manually start it from sys tray.

Also Firefox, and vista froze on startup.

After using the computer for a while (10m) i wanted to open the program to check if updating goes well. Again my whole computer froze and no program started, not form the systray icon clicking left or right and not from the desktop icon. after using CTRL ALT DEL for a view times the system unfroze ans slowly the 360 program started. under scanning the program performs on 90% cpu and computer is not usable.

Using multiple computers

** HP Notebook Vista HB 1.7Ghz 1.5GB,

Clone PC XP 2.4Ghz, 1.5GB

CIS 3.9x, Avast

** system for this bug

Am I the only one with this BUG that "IS360systray.exe" may not start from Vista?

I miss a ignore function, because I don't need windows firewall when I have Kaspersky's firewall. Will "Security Holes" tool support other languages in the future?

Overall a great product so far:-)

Here's what I've to report so far on Beta 2 after testing the different things found in it:

1. Security Holes-scan lists a patch that doesn't apply to my system (Windows Messenger is not even installed and is disabled since SP2 for Windows XP, and that's what the security hotfix is for); ID MS08-050, kb946648. Because the patch doesn't apply to my system, it can't be applied at all either.

2. Caused explorer.exe to restart completely random - I wasn't doing anything special, either with the software itself (360), or my computer - it would just "crash" and then restart automatically (explorer.exe that's).

3. I would suggest Advanced Detection is the same as "Advanced Protection" of the real-time protection? I'm not sure since (1), atleast in this beta, Advanced Protection is disabled by default, (2) Advanced Detection doesn't react to that status and (3) the names are obviously different. (4) If they're not the same thing, then what is Advanced Detection, and when would its status change if I've the software installed, since there's no option to enable/disable it?

4. Doesn't update silently by itself - prompts user when it checks for updates and there are updates available.

-----

That it randomly restarts explorer.exe (I'm running a fully updated installation of Windows XP Professional SP3), and yes, it happens from time to time now too (apart from 360 I for example currently have Update Notifier and Microsoft Security Essentials), makes me uninstall the software for now. It's too frustrating to come back to my PC and notice that icons in my system tray are messed up to name one example.

Internet not Connecting

IOBIT Security Beta 2 using Vista

My internet is not connecting after reboot since installing this beta upgrade, except for the IOBIT Beta Update connection which downloads fine.

I have to log off and sign on. Then the internet immediately connects.

This could be good security, however I prefer a way to turn this off.

Program seems to be working fine, hopefully it will be out of beta soon.

Regards,

Eddie

"PC Security Analysis" check lists windows firewall being switched off as a security hole when I am already using firewall software that requires the windows firewall to be off to stop conflicts.

For me too.

And in tools at security holes when I click it it says this "Only available for English version of Windows". My windows is in english, what's the problem ?

(Also when I close the program it doesn't appear in the system tray although I've checked "Minimize to system tray when program is closed" in settings, but the process doesn't stops, it is showed in task manager.) *fixed after a restart*

For v2.1 beta:

Topic started by me: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=3341

-----

1. Security Holes-fixer throws up an error-window right when I click on the Fix-button.

2. Through PC Security Analysis, going to privacy problems - if any - it seems to do a scan as I click on "Fix it". That may not be an issue in itself, but the real issue is that clicking to open up that tool has a VERY long delay.

3. No possibility to ignore individual items in the PC Security Analysis.

4. Throws up error as securing things through the passive defense-tool "finishes" (it does indeed deliver "green shields" for the items).

5. Passive defense is not a part of the PC Security Analysis. If I would choose, I would rather have that included compared to "Privacy problems".

6. Why not make tracking cookies as one item in the list that comes after a scan, no matter if one or more of those are detected?

7. Hijacks, hijacks, hijacks... this kind of "detection" is a reason I hesitate to use the software. I say "detections", because I consider many of those to be hijacks at all - just FPs.

Questions:

1. What is DOG Detection?

2. Is Advanced Protection being disabled intentional to make the software usable for any average Joe as well?

3. Does the Auto Protection actually work automatically by now? Last time I tested it didn't... (Tested against HotBar. Is it because it's considered a low-risk by you or something?)

Dog

Questions:

1. What is DOG Detection?

From the program itself:

DOG (Digital Original Gene) is a novel heuristic malware detection algorithm, by evaluating key attributes relating to software making, distribution and advertising. Various factors are considered before determining that a program is malicious, such as if the program is published by a notorious vendor. The main use of DOG is to enhance detection of zero day threats.

From the program itself:

DOG (Digital Original Gene) is a novel heuristic malware detection algorithm, by evaluating key attributes relating to software making, distribution and advertising. Various factors are considered before determining that a program is malicious, such as if the program is published by a notorious vendor. The main use of DOG is to enhance detection of zero day threats.

Thanks - just used to hovering over features as you see them, e.g. in the main-window, for information. :) Didn't think about going to the settings.

Beta v 2.1

WinXP Pro/SP3

Advanced System Care also installed.

Problems noted:

Does not update Scan History log after initial scan on system, both with and without malware being detected. I had it set to run in Task Scheduler but I have no way of knowing if it ran successfully because it doesn't appear in Event Viewer.

Security Holes tool hangs when trying to download security fixes from Windows Update. After I manually updated them, it doesn't recognize them as having been installed and tries again to download them.

In Privacy Sweeper Options, where "Cookies To Keep" can be added, the sweep itself ignores the list of desirable cookies and wants to delete all cookies no matter what.

On the positive side, after being a loyal customer of Webroot Spy Sweeper for many years, they up and cancelled my subscription after 3 months following my yearly renewal, and ignored any attempts to contact them. They've gone downhill at an amazing pace, judging by what others on the web have been reporting.

I posted my dilemma on my forum and a member suggested IOBit. I downloaded it, and am really glad I did. It found 6 threats on my PC, 24 on my laptop, 7 on my wife's desktop, and 25 on her laptop ...all of which Spy Sweeper failed to detect. I'm happy with the speed, too. It does a Smart Scan on my quad-core in 2 minutes, and the full scan in about 7. Spy Sweeper, on the other hand, had taken 25 minutes to scan.

You have an excellent product here, and I am doing my part to spread the word. There's a new kid in town - Security 360 - and he's kicking butt and taking names! :mrgreen:

Edit:

I forgot to mention - the program detected rogue.trojan in msvcp60.dll during a sweep and said it had fixed it, but it didn't. A while later I scanned again and again it detected it. I tried manually unregistering the .dll from regsvr and was unsuccessful. I had to boot to the other HDD, manually delete the .dll and expand the .dl_ file from the Windows CD and replace it. It's clean now, but I thought you should know.

Acronis True Image

add this to my pc ..Now things seem to be running fine .The install went good

The program had to up date Some dll file Ask if i would allow it .ok

Reboot and up pop Win say cannot load entry point IS 360.Tray .exe

When done went to the tray ,left click And the same pop say No entry piont

Yet the iobit working fine. scan :ok .100% ,close ,left click --No pop complaining..

1 at boot

2 when left click is applied to open the window

3 close,re click And no glitch..

Comment ----at boot i need to close the warning pop. (OS )

And the one time i receive the No entry complaint left click-- i more time..

There after when closed and reopen Its no Compliant..

yet the programs Runs fine ,This was not present before the new install

Program installed

Acronis True image -Home ed. 2009

itsmejjj..

Hi all:

I am new here. I hope I am posting in the right place.

1. Name - naz

2. version IOBit360 2.1

3. XPPro SP3

4. When I run "security holes" the program identifies:

MS08-032 - cumulative security update for activeX killbits...

Windows Program Manager Add/Remove Programs shows MS09-032 installed which includes MS08-032.

If I click fix, I get the dialog "an error has occured in the application, with send bug, save bug, show bug, continue, restart, and close buttons. Continue does not work. Save and show worked. Report attached.

when I save bug report, the "now waiting to install" progress bar shows up, but the program seems frozen. Hitting cancel and yes, or no, just returns to the non moving progress bar. Eventually I got back to the main screen.

naz

bugreport.txt

Last Update shown in main screen

The pop up information of the tray icon shows the last update was on 7-21-09, however in the main screen of 360 it shows the last update was 2 days ago. Correct is: 07-21-09.

The last scan was done 2 days ago, so maybe it's just a matter of getting the right value...

screenshot attached...