IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Doesn't see Malwarebytes as anti-virus

LyricMuse

So far I am very impressed with this product. Installed with no issues and runs fine alongside Malwarebytes, RogueRemoverPro, and Secunia Software Inspector.

No strange errors on reboot.

The only problem is that it doesn't see Malwarebytes as my installed anti-virus.

LyricMuse

The identifier seems to be a problem for many users-sure they will get that squared away eventually.Thankfully,it's just a minor inconvenience and not a performance issue.Thanks for the info-now whisk that off to IObit via the Feedback link from the GUI.

The only problem is that it doesn't see Malwarebytes as my installed anti-virus.

That is because Malwarebytes AntiMalware is an antispyware program and NOT an antivirus.

Security 360 get the antivirus information from Windows - it shows the same installed antivirus program as Windows Security Center does.

Security 360 does NOT detect avira.

oh and malwarebytes is an anti-malware. It detects both spyware and viruses(including rootkits and adware too). However, it focuses on what antiviruses CANT detect. thats why its compatible with antiviruses but is not one by itself

Tools I use: CCleaner, Quicksys Registry Cleaner, and of course, Advanced SystemCare 3 PRO(with Smart Defrag)!

Security Programs: Avira Premium Security Suite, Spybot Search and Destroy, Spyware Blaster, and Comodo Internet Security(no antivirus).

My gosh, Icy. Do you have a dust-free environment, too?

J/K

CT

P.S. If you've ever used Avast antivirus, I would be interested how you feel it compares with Avira. I'm guessing if anyone has tried a bunch of different A-V software, it would be you. heeheehee

Archived