IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Auto RAM-clean configuration

NonYaBizNiz

Hi.

Can anyone point me in the general direction of the settings for the 'Auto RAM Clean'-function under 'Real-Time TuneUp'? Or anywhere where it explains what the actual difference is between that and 'Turbo Boost'? Or what it even actually does and/or is supposed to do, at all?

The manual mentions solely that 'the option is for pro users only' (which can't possibly be of help to anyone looking for help) -- other than that, any and all things configurable appear to be missing. This is rather annoying, since it shuts down the background processes required for my VPN to work every 15 minutes or so. I'm glad it apparently does something, just a shame that the only thing noticeable is something I don't want it to do.

Given the apparent uselessness of this forum in general, I'll answer my own question, in case anyone stumbles upon it while wondering the same.

I contacted IObit "support", when I figured posting anything in this shredder hooked up to a complaint box they call "forum", wasn't going to be meaningful. Their support sent back screenshots, pointing out where the settings are, meaning:
- "Turbo Boost" can be configured with the options next to the on/off switch;
    - Mind that when you uncheck every single box, this function still closes about 50 processes without mentioning which, without asking your approval;
- Regarding "Auto RAM clean" they sent this screenshot:
image.png.6e82f0bf3b8fbf12a139009897d81102.png

Which is the entirety of it's settings. That box just gets filled with 'X amount of GB was released'. Also without specifying anything - without any consent. This screenshot being their answer, I conclude you simply can't set anything, they don't want you to know what the function actually does, and if it closes processes you rely on (such as my VPN's background processes) - your only option is the 'Off' switch.
- Regarding the "Smart RAM" function in ASC, they referred me to the settings in this screenshot:
image.png.2e32973029ea7753a8832073d46abe80.png

Although technically they are 'settings' - they have nothing to do with what the function actually does, nor does it provide any control over what should and shouldn't be closed. 

In conclusion: All three functions, all within ASC, seemingly promise to do the exact same thing. Because none of them mention anywhere what that actually entails, there's no way to discern the difference - if there's any - between the three. You can enable/disable only a part of what only 1 of 3 does. Yet even then, when disabling everything, it'll still make 50+ decisions about processes without your knowledge or consent.

I don't think I'll be renewing my subscription.

[Update due to response from support]

Support staff's final answer:
I may not know what I'm allowing software I paid for to do to my own system, I am indeed not allowed to select which processes are/aren't stopped, they can't even utter a single word to clarify the difference between the three functions, because: "It involves technical secrets."

Very rich coming from a company that relentlessly spams adverts for iTop - known from such hits as 'iTop Easy Desktop Free', which is fully and clearly stolen intellectual property, raided from Stardock's Fences.

I will most definitely not be renewing my subscription.