IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Deep Regsitry Fix Resetting Windows Power Settings

Silyar

This has been a recurring problem everytime I enable deep registry scan and do a scan, fix, and restart.

My laptop power scheme (e.g., time to Turn Off Monitor, Turn Off Hard Disks, System Standby, System Hibernates) get reset to the default laptop scheme, changing all my saved time settings.

It also resets the power button configurations; the power button is normally set to "Hibernate", but after running ASC with deep registry scanning, it reverts back to Shut Down.

And finally, it changes my alarm settings back to default (Low battery @ 5%, Critical battery @ 0% and force hibernate). I normally have it set as Low battery @ 20%, Critical battery @5% no action).

If I turn off deep scan, these issues don't happen when I use ASC.

Is there a fix for this so I can keep the deep scan feature without having it mess up my power settings?

I'm running ASC 3.3.1, Windows XP Pro with the latest updates as of 5/10/09. Laptop is a Compaq nc8430.

Silyar

Sure is-Next time you scan,look through each entry to find the ones related to your power options.A mouse-over of the entry should show the whole string.When you find them,simply right click on each and choose the ignore option

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem

This is EXTREMELY ANNOYING.

I have a laptop that is on all the time (the battery is completely dead) and the C: drive is too small for Standby/Hibernate files. Turning this on SLOWS MY COMPUTER TO A CRAWL and maxes out my hard drive.

Also, the settings keep getting changed from Always On to Laptop, Close lid from Do Nothing to Standby, Power Button from Shut Down to Hibernate, and require password on wake-up (so my guests can't use it).

I thought it was being caused by ASC deep scan, but it NEVER SHOWS THESE SETTING CHANGES so I can disable them. If you're not a Microsoft trained administrator, there is no way you can understand the check boxes for customizing these settings.

I disable Deep Scan, but every time the program updates, the Deep Scan is turned back on.

Even though I paid for the pro version, I'm almost at the point of uninstalling the program. I just can't deal with it hijacking my custom settings.

Hi beartenor

Please send a screenshot of your registry scan "problems" and also of your System Optimize "Problems" after you have reset your settings and run a scan. But don't click repair until we have identified those that need to go to the ignore list.

Cheers

solbjerg

This is EXTREMELY ANNOYING.

I have a laptop that is on all the time (the battery is completely dead) and the C: drive is too small for Standby/Hibernate files. Turning this on SLOWS MY COMPUTER TO A CRAWL and maxes out my hard drive.

Also, the settings keep getting changed from Always On to Laptop, Close lid from Do Nothing to Standby, Power Button from Shut Down to Hibernate, and require password on wake-up (so my guests can't use it).

I thought it was being caused by ASC deep scan, but it NEVER SHOWS THESE SETTING CHANGES so I can disable them. If you're not a Microsoft trained administrator, there is no way you can understand the check boxes for customizing these settings.

I disable Deep Scan, but every time the program updates, the Deep Scan is turned back on.

Even though I paid for the pro version, I'm almost at the point of uninstalling the program. I just can't deal with it hijacking my custom settings.

• 1 month later...

Hi paul

It is usually due to not placing anything in the ignore list when running a System Optimize.

This is described in the manual and in Usage of IObit Products thread in the Lounge section

link: Online Help for IObit Software

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi

I have exactly the same problem as beatnor - but I can't find a solution on thee forums - as anyone managed to fix this?

thanks!

Paul

having the same problem

Hi paul

It is usually due to not placing anything in the ignore list when running a System Optimize.

This is described in the manual and in Usage of IObit Products thread in the Lounge section

link: Online Help for IObit Software

Cheers

solbjerg

Wish you could just provide us with the item should be put in the "ignore list" to prevent the product from tampering with the power options in Windows.

pax36

I wish we could too,but it doesn't work that way.We need to see your "list" to make an educated guess as to which item(s) are responsible for the unwanted changes.That's why we ask for screenshots along with the post.And for Paul,only you can fix this by providing the same information so we can guide you.ASC uses a general or "broad based template" to facilitate changes to system settings.It is best to think of the "Problems" it finds,more in terms of "Suggestions". Not all changes made (that YOU allowed) are right for everyone's PC,and obviously not yours in this case.This utility does require user input and some general knowledge of your OS and its respective functions.You need to help us to help you.

Archived