IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How to stop staring at my laptop screen?

pinkblondi

Hi, I just have one wish, to unplug from the web and come back into the real life! Where is my blue pill?

I'm a 21 years old massagist from NY, and when I come back after work, tiered from standing all day long, I just turn on my laptop, and suddenly, it's 2 am. How do you manage to keep your offline life, when you have a pc at home?

My obssesion is icq, blogs, myspace and any web place where you can meet interesting people. Forums are new to me, but I thought to give it a try.

ps: I'm a total newbee at forums, so I'm sorry if posted in the wrong place, just got here and saw this one.. Please be kind to show me the right place where you can just talk with people.

Hi, I just have one wish, to unplug from the web and come back into the real life! Where is my blue pill?

I'm a 21 years old massagist from NY, and when I come back after work, tiered from standing all day long, I just turn on my laptop, and suddenly, it's 2 am. How do you manage to keep your offline life, when you have a pc at home?

My obssesion is icq, blogs, myspace and any web place where you can meet interesting people. Forums are new to me, but I thought to give it a try.

ps: I'm a total newbee at forums, so I'm sorry if posted in the wrong place, just got here and saw this one.. Please be kind to show me the right place where you can just talk with people.

Well, pink, this forum is devoted to IObit software. It's where users of their software, and some of their employees, help each other with questions. Therefore, this forum, and forums like it that are support forums, are filled with a lot of kinda' geeky computer people, like me. Especially this forum because most of the IObit software is aimed at optimizing computer performance.

You might try playing online games, or MMOG's (Massively Multiplayer Online Games). My son, he's 33, plays Desktop Tower Defense at a gaming spot called Casual Collective -- http://www.casualcollective.com/. If you Google "Casual Collective," it says the site is for "Social Gaming & Casual Networking." My son is also into music a lot and DJ's for them in a webcast a few hours, one night each week. FWIW, his handle there is LuckyMustard if you want to look him up there. http://www.casualcollective.com/#profiles/luckymustard/ may be his page at that site. I don't play there, so I'm not sure how it all works. Rather, I play EVE Online -- http://www.eveonline.com/. With EVE, you use voice applications like Ventrilo or TeamSpeak and chat with each other that way, as well as their in-game, type-at-each-other windows. I've got friends from all over the world from playing MMOG's for the last few years.

I believe Casual Collective's games are not that complex, but do require some strategy. Perhaps like a good game of cards, or checkers or chess. OTOH, EVE is the most complex, complicated and extensive game I have ever seen, or can imagine -- other than maybe RL (Real Life), though EVE may be more complicated. :grin: I wouldn't suggest it for anyone but an adult with a long attention span that enjoys the complexity of a game. Take a card game like Bridge, maybe, then make the deck 2,000 cards instead of 52, and then have 150,000 opponents and you might have something like EVE. EVE is different than most online games because most games are limited as to how many can play them on any particular server at one time. Sometimes, this is like maybe 36,000 folks. But, they usually aren't all active in the game at the same time. With EVE, however, we've had as many as 45,000+ people all online at the same time and able to intereact with each other. We commonly have battles of nearly ~500 spaceships (each player flying his own ship), against another team's (we call teams Corporations and Alliances of corporations) ~500 ships at one time.

Anyway, gaming sites are good for social interaction and real-time chatting with folks. Gaming sites usually have forums, or a means of communication that works like forums, too.

If you have ANY hobby, Google it and the word "forums" and I bet you get several hits.

Good luck!

CT

Above, I mentioned the EVE Online game I play.

If you try it, don't get addicted to it like the guy in the attachment.

Yes that's 6 computers, each running 2 instances of the EVE software (or client), or 12 simultaneous EVE characters and accounts that he's playing.

He's obviously a very lonely bachelor.

CT

• 2 weeks later...

How to stop staring at my laptop screen

Depends on what day of the week it is and how much work I have.

A good day I would spend about 3 hours on the computer.

On a day with lots of work, or a lack thereof, it might be in the 6 hours range. Thats only because my computer doubles as my TV and I watch movies on it.

Archived