IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Microsoft AntiVirus Coming Soon

detailer

Gee, bet it will work almost as good as Windows Firewall!!! http://www.avowners.com/forum/smileys/cry077.gif

Lol- Maybe could work as well as Norton. My brother was sure impressed, said it gave him a precise list of all the junk that invaded the OS

im going to perfer this antivirus over avira because of the fact that

i can install this on my friends computers and say its reallllllllyyyyy good and watch them get infected an hour later :D

theyll be like "TEH SCAN FINEZ NOTHING!"

and ill be like "because its not a viruz!"

:D

lol

I take it that you guys are NOT fans of Microsoft? I get the feeling that you wouldn't touch Microsoft anti virus with a barge pole. I will be staying with what Iv'e got anyway. Have a nice day.

I think you're right, w. You've got to remember, though, if we use Microsloth's new, crappy stuff, then the terrorists win.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii313/Utopia2115/u.gif

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0068.gifhttp://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:j1zjOvs22r5M7M:http://jeroenkorving.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/microsoft.jpghttp://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0081.gif

CT

I take it that you guys are NOT fans of Microsoft? I get the feeling that you wouldn't touch Microsoft anti virus with a barge pole. I will be staying with what Iv'e got anyway. Have a nice day.

A selection of Microsofts' offerings ..such as Firewall...Defragger etc; are very basic and leave a lot to be desired...or best left alone !!So if their Antivirus follows the trend..I too will stay with what I've got!

There was once a program called "Giant AntiSpyware" that ran and scanned beautifully..then Microsoft got hold of it and badged it as "Defender" ....needless to say..it lost a lot in the process .Having said that..I must admit that Widows 7 Release candidate is a huge step forward from Vista..Its' what Vista "should have been" in the first place ...but .....dear old Microsoft can now sell us a new shiny O/S in October and add to the overflowing cash mountain they call "profit"

Must admit though..I may well be one of the guys handing over my cash to them for the shiny new offering..Up to present..I'm having to admit..Its a pretty decent OS ...and could well tempt me to part with some of my pennies!

A selection of Microsofts' offerings ..such as Firewall...Defragger etc; are very basic and leave a lot to be desired...or best left alone !!So if their Antivirus follows the trend..I too will stay with what I've got!

There was once a program called "Giant AntiSpyware" that ran and scanned beautifully..then Microsoft got hold of it and badged it as "Defender" ....needless to say..it lost a lot in the process .Having said that..I must admit that Widows 7 Release candidate is a huge step forward from Vista..Its' what Vista "should have been" in the first place ...but .....dear old Microsoft can now sell us a new shiny O/S in October and add to the overflowing cash mountain they call "profit"

Must admit though..I may well be one of the guys handing over my cash to them for the shiny new offering..Up to present..I'm having to admit..Its a pretty decent OS ...and could well tempt me to part with some of my pennies!

I've got the same feeling. And then there is the shiny new office coming ouy in 2010. New OS Well gotta have a new office, Rght?

I'll be very glad to see it. I won't be using it though. I'll stick with my existing program. The reason I think that it is an important step is that it will provide some security to the millions of unprotected computers out there. It will reduce the number of machines available as breeding grounds for malware. That reduces spam bots and benefits us all.

From IObit's perspective this may be a new pool of customers. People who have gone from unprotected to having the MS program may decide to upgrade to something more powerful or user friendly. Third party vendors may very well benefit from this move.

I must admit that Widows 7 Release candidate is a huge step forward from Vista..Its' what Vista "should have been" in the first place

Huge step? With Windows 7 running the Vista Kernel and the same boot log along with Superfetch and UAC it doesn't sound like such a huge step forward. Although Microsoft has improved boot time by delaying the start of some Services they do eventually run plus they have kept the Sidebar and Aero features which constantly consume massive amounts of system resources and have even added a Tactile GUI which will consume even more when used!

The only way to get optimal performance from either Vista or the upcoming Windows 7 is to strip them of all their resource consuming features and services and get down to the basic computer which actually performs quite well when unincumbered. As an example I reduced the boot time of my Vista computer as measured from start to the desktop from 105 sec. down to 55 sec and cut the RAM use at the desktop from 1+ GB down to 550 MB (which includes a 262 MB system cache).

Under heavy download use on the Internet bloated off the shelf Vista consumed as much as 2.2 GB of RAM now my stripped down 'Vista Ultralite' consumes a maximum of less than 700 MB RAM performing the same tasks which is a usage reduction of over 300% all while mainting a base RAM usage rate of about 600 MB which is 1/2 of what it used when it was stock. The overall benchtest speed of stripped down 'Vista Ultralite' has also improved by 40% to where it now transfers large files at the rate of 38 MBps.

At one time I had considered dual booting Vista Ultralite and Windows 7 until I realized that I would have to modify Windows 7 the same way that I had drastically modified Vista if I wanted it to perform at its true maximum potential.

I am also looking forward to the release of Windows 7 RTM along with you, but the well meaning yet subtle improvements that Microsoft has made in how the Vista Kerel is run will never be able to make it run like it has the potential of running in the hands of a knowledgeable operator who is able to deftly strip away all of the features and uneeded services that hold it back from achieving the performance levels that it is truly capable of and make it Fly!

~Maxx~

Hi detailer

I think it was a joke - Microsoft Anti Virus - to remove Windows I think it was supposed to mean? Once more - it would be nice to keep the acronyms to a minimum!

Cheers

solbjerg

I chalk it up to the age of texting.I don't have a clue as to what anybody is saying anymore.The art of the complete sentence seems to be dead.

Hi detailer

You were probably thinking more along the lines of Multi Activity Vehicle. :-)

If you lose the vehicle - the bed is not such a bad place for Multi Activity! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

That is funny-I just couldn't put those three letters together-maybe I should return to bed http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Thinking/thinking-009.GIF

Ha-ha Maxx - or a Most Variable Posting :-)

Well - it may save the writer a few keystrokes, but it puts the burden of getting some meaning out of it on thousands possibly millions of readers.

Effective-wise a very bad idea.

Some - generally known is ok - but making a sentence with many of these "abominations" (abbreviations) will make it very unintelligible.

Cheers

solbjerg

I agree! Otherwise it is a Most Vague Posting!

~Maxx~

Archived