IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

iobit security 360 vs AVG

I experience great trouble in trial with iobit security 360. I experience crash with my anitvirus program of AVG.

I also have ISTRAY.exe error at start of the pc.

It seems iobit security 360 introduced some downloads from Microsoft without my knowledge. I am not sure they are bugs or not.

Look on the Bright side - It didn't reformat your harddrive

Hi There,

Welcome to the wunrful wurld of WinWoes....

Ok - for;

I experience great trouble in trial with iobit security 360. I experience crash with my anitvirus program of AVG.

I don't know whether to tell you to celebrate - cuz, your anti-virus stuff is working

or,

tell you panic - cuz, 360 is doing a 180.

I get the felling that IObit consensus on these minor faux pas is that "It's a Beta + It's Free" = "why would you expect it to actually work."

You volunteered to be the guinea pig - stop your squealing. :???:

For; I also have ISTRAY.exe error at start of the pc.

I feel your pain....

ISTray.exe has sumthun to do with that little red 360 Icon that shows up on the WinWoes start bar.

I'd like to provide more specifics... I don't know why is refuses to play well with others. All I know is that it is evil. :twisted:

For the time being, I am leaving 360 installed.

I do not allow it to run at start up.

I use it to manually scan on occassion.

When Beta 2 arrives - I'll give it another shot.

I'm running WinWoes XP SP4 on a GateWay AMD dual processor with MicroSloth Orfice 2007.

Whatever ISTRAY is doing - it is fundamentally incompatible with my particular manifested kluge.

For; It seems iobit security 360 introduced some downloads from Microsoft without my knowledge. I am not sure they are bugs or not.

In the set up for IO360 this isn't an option.

In ASC, it likes to see the WinWoes OS, Orfice Version, and/or IE Xplr critter set to auto-update.

If you are running MSN, It likes to have the Auto-Update enabled.

So, While installing any of the above, if you clicked on the default install option = Auto-Update for WinWoes ?could? have been enabled.

If you recently went in and disabled this option - you could have a problem.

So, basically - for this one, too = you are hosed.

MicroSloth has never delivered "non buggy" code.

The patches for the updates for the upgrades of the service packs... equal one big crap shoot....

When the OS starts it should say "Do you fell lucky, punk? Well, do ya?"

WinWoes hardly ever does what it is supposed to do...

Expecting to not do sumthun when it's not supposed to is just plain silly.

The real problem here is that you can only hope that IOBIt caused a download from MS...

If you are lucky, your auto-update kicked in as a coincidence -and, IOBit had nothing to do with it.

Then again, IOBit may have precipitated sumthun in your system resulting in a righteous update.

But, with WinWoes, it is likely that some 11 year old in Belerus has just downloaded your bank account balances.

Remember, Reboot every 15 minutes - Scan every 5 minutes - never open emails - and, by all means, continue to enjoy your enhanced computer productivity. :roll:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived