IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AWC for Vista, report bug here...

Tim Xue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Memory Cleaner in vista

Tim,

Please give us the link to Memory Cleaner back in the program.

The Memory Cleaner works OK if we change the compatibility mode in the properties of MemCleaner.exe to (Run thisprogram in compatibility mode for: > Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

Temporary Solution : Make a shortcut of MemCleaner.exe on the Desktop with changes above, and start it from there.

Although you don't advice it to be used in Win XP, if you are using Win Vista with a lot of RAM eaters, this is the only program that I use to keep the notebook running without freezing!!! :lol:

New Database: (12/5/2006) Database Reference: (32944)

Tried to update AWC in Vista, İt says no update available.

Since I had updated AWC in my XP, I have looked to the AWC folder in Vista and with surprize I have found out that there is a file named "New_Ref.dbd", which is infact the new Ref.dbd file. Renaming it to "Ref.dbd" and opening the AWC program again here it is with new reference database.

QUESTION:

1) Is it because the date is not fifth of december yet anywhere else in the world or why is it?

2) How did I succeed to update my XP before the date ?????

:?: :roll:

Tried to update AWC in Vista, İt says no update available.

Since I had updated AWC in my XP, I have looked to the AWC folder in Vista and with surprize I have found out that there is a file named "New_Ref.dbd", which is infact the new Ref.dbd file. Renaming it to "Ref.dbd" and opening the AWC program again here it is with new reference database.

QUESTION:

1) Is it because the date is not fifth of december yet anywhere else in the world or why is it?

2) How did I succeed to update my XP before the date ?????

The reason is that the new database file didn't get downloaded completely, it will rename as "Ref.dbd" when it get downloaded completely.

The way you run Memory Cleaner is nice, I will share your exp with other people, thanks!

Greyed out sections

Tim,

Business User in Computer Type and Choose Network Connection Type in Network Connection are greyed out in Computer Settings in Vista RC1 and RTM. (But not in XP.)

If I remember correctly , in earlier versions they were not greyed out.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

If there is a reason on your side will you please explain.

:?:

Creation of restore point

Tim,

If we run Awc.exe version 2.3.0.726 (Beta) in compatibility mode for Windows XP (ServicePack 2), actually a Restore Point is created in Vista RTM Ultimate. I brought this to your attention hoping that if anything can be done to use the function trough the AWC program. Unfortunately other Add-Ons including Update are not compatible in this mode. Although the Memory Cleaner and Details are not greyed out neither they do.

For your information only. :idea:

Glossy effect of Ultimate

Other thing I was going to ask for a long time is, when Update and Add-Ons windows are compatible with the glossy effect and transparancy of Vista Ultimate, other windows including Memory Cleaner are not. Don't you think :roll: specially the main window should support it? :?:

• 2 weeks later...

Tim,

AWC Personal version:2.3.0.727 does not start System Analysis in Vista RTM Ultimate, and error log shows:

"Exception Type=Exception

Error Message=File not found in archive, please reinstal the program."

After reinstallation it is the same.

(In XP it is OK.)

I also downloaded and installed AWC Personal Version:2.3.0.726 from todays new link from download.com, but the result is the same.

Reinstalled version:2.3.0.727 back. Again no Sistem Analysis. (AWC Pro version:2.3.0.753 is OK)

OS Name : Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate

Version : 6.0.6000 Build 6000

System Manufacturer : Hewlett-Packard

System Model : HP Pavillion dv5000 (Notebook)

Processor : Geniune Intel CPU T1300 @1.66GHz, 1667 Mhz. 1 Core, Logical Processor

BIOS Version/Date : Hewlett-Packard F.17 15.08.2006

SMBIOS Version : 2.4

Total Physical Memory : 1,013.50 MB

Total Virtual Memory : 2.44 GB

Page File Space :1.50 GB

The Notebook is Vista compatible and rated experience index is 3.

Running with Administrator rights with full control, and UAC control off.

• 1 month later...

ok.. maybe its something I am doing wrong...

I uninstalled and reinstalled the program... and now it works fine.

Except now when the computer starts.. I get this popup saying the program is blocked by windows and I have to manually start it.

I have administrator rights on this machine... and the only user is me.

Weird.

Hi mfaccone,

Have you tried it with Windows Defender off?

If it works without Defender, could it be in the quarantined items of it?

How about UAC control? Is it on or off?

One last question:When you go to

AWC.exe=>Properties=>Compatibility=>Privilege Level=>Run this program as an administrator

Is the box checked and greyed out?

enoskype

It was that UAC. For some reason this install likes to change settings once I turn things off.. reboot.. it gets turned back on. I think I got things settled down a bit to where I can run AWCPro.

And for some reason I don't have a group policy editor. I thought Home Premium had that. Anyway, different problem.

Archived