IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AWC for Vista, report bug here...

Tim Xue

Hi satlantis,

Just wanted to let you know that I stopped using Live One Care. I was expriencing problems with it even when I didn't have AWC on the computer. It took a while to figure out that it was causing problems with my flash. Every time I ran it I had to go to Adobe and download the flash removal tool and then re-install. It was a real pain.

samr.

• 3 weeks later...

awc

Hi, I'm the author of Advanced WindowsCare v2. Now we are working at AWC for Windows Vista. If you have any suggestion or you find some bug under Windows Vista, please post them here, you are always welcome.

my awc downloaded in german not english:-x :-xnot once but twice

Steve,

I assume from quote of Tim in your post that you are using Vista and location NY United States.

First of all, latest version 2.4 Beta 3 Personal and Pro setup files do not include German language file. The language files are:Danish, English, Finish, and Turkish.

Go to: http://www.iobit.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=152 for downloading setup files.

Please delete the existing language folder from prior versions before installing.

Secondly, if you look to the properties of the AWC setup files, under the version tab you will see that the language is English(United States).

Thirdly, if you are saying that in the installation phase it is in German, than please check:

Vista:

Control Panel=>Regional and Language Options=>Administrative=>system locale=>Current language for non-Unicode programs.

It should be English(United States).

XP:

Control Panel=>Regional and Language Options=>Advanced=>Select=> English (United States).

Hope this helps.

Hi steve,

I read your post and it made me wonder how difficult it would be to change language back if it got changed somehow, so I changed mine to a language I didn't know just to try it. I found that this could be very difficult to correct if you don't know where the languge settings are and you can't read the entries in the program, so I thought I would try to post instructions on how to reset the language if you can't read it. I hope it makes sense.

1.Click the far right word at the top of the program nearest the "X" that closes out the program (options).

2.From the drop down menu select the first entry (settings).

3.On the left there are words with an arrow. Select the third entry which is the fourth word down (Interface config).

4.Click on "English" (or whatever language you want).

5. At the bottom of page are three buttons, Click on far left (OK).

6.Right click on AWC icon in system tray. Click on Bottom entry on the dropdown menu (exit).

8. Restart program and language should be fixed.

Something this easy is very hard to do if you can't read entries. Hope this helps anyone that has that problem.

samr.

Hi samr, steve,

You can also use the (language)"Wizard.exe" in AWC folder after exiting AWC (from taskbar also), to select a language and start AWC program in a different language.

The exited AWC session could have been in any language.

Archived