IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Slow computer

SlowGuy

Hi everyone,i'm new,but i'm not at using the Advanced SystemCare and IOBit security 360.I've the pro version of ASC,and the latest IOBit security.

But when i play games,sometimes my computers ram usage raises to %50!I think i must re-install windows.

Before i re-install,is there an another way to solve this?"i think my fans are old,if i change them,would this ram usage drop?"

Hi Guy

How much RAM do you have?

As long as you have enough I wouldn't worry too much. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi everyone,i'm new,but i'm not at using the Advanced SystemCare and IOBit security 360.I've the pro version of ASC,and the latest IOBit security.

But when i play games,sometimes my computers ram usage raises to %50!I think i must re-install windows.

Before i re-install,is there an another way to solve this?"i think my fans are old,if i change them,would this ram usage drop?"

hi solbjerg,thanks for replying,here's my computers prosperities.

System:

Microsoft Windows XP professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2

Computer:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual Core processor 5200+ 2.71 GHz 1,00GB RAM

Need more info.?

Hi Guy

The RAM usage won't drop by changing the fans (CPU fan) but if you experience stops on account of over-heating, a cleaning of the fan and the cooling ribs will help, - or a new fan of course.

Be absolutely sure that you fasten the fan securely after cleaning it, if it falls off it may cost you a new motherboard.

It shouldn't matter much that it runs at 50% other than it heats up more, after all you do not do a lot of other things when you are playing, Or?

So an effective cooling should take care of a possible heat problem.

In extreme cases you can remove some of the computer casing temporarily.

Cheers

solbjerg

Guy,

It's not unusual for RAM usage to bump up quite a bit when playing computer games. What game(s) are you playing where you notice it. Are they games online with their own client?

I assume you are talking about games with motion graphics?

I hardly hear my computer fans normally. When I start playing EVE Online, an intensely graphic game, it usually doesn't take long for the fan on my graphics card to kick in, or start running at a much higher RPM. The game makes the graphics card need to work harder to keep up, and the SmartFan capabilities of the graphic card kick in and bump up the fan speed.

>>Before i re-install,is there an another way to solve this?

I really don't think it is something you need to solve. I don't think there is anything wrong just because the RAM usage goes up. That's what the RAM is there for... to be used.

What is it that makes you think your fans are having a problem or need replaced? You know, there are several fans on most computers. Graphic fan, case fan, CPU fan, power supply fan, for instance. In 20+ years of computing and maybe ten different systems I've only had one fan go bad. It was on a graphics card just a couple years ago. I looked at it as a very good time to upgrade to a much better graphics card, without having to hassle much with the wife about getting one. :smile:

One thing for sure... changing or upgrading fans will have no effect at all on RAM usage.

Let us know.

CT

Guy,

It's not unusual for RAM usage to bump up quite a bit when playing computer games. What game(s) are you playing where you notice it. Are they games online with their own client?

I assume you are talking about games with motion graphics?

I hardly hear my computer fans normally. When I start playing EVE Online, an intensely graphic game, it usually doesn't take long for the fan on my graphics card to kick in, or start running at a much higher RPM. The game makes the graphics card need to work harder to keep up, and the SmartFan capabilities of the graphic card kick in and bump up the fan speed.

>>Before i re-install,is there an another way to solve this?

I really don't think it is something you need to solve. I don't think there is anything wrong just because the RAM usage goes up. That's what the RAM is there for... to be used.

What is it that makes you think your fans are having a problem or need replaced? You know, there are several fans on most computers. Graphic fan, case fan, CPU fan, power supply fan, for instance. In 20+ years of computing and maybe ten different systems I've only had one fan go bad. It was on a graphics card just a couple years ago. I looked at it as a very good time to upgrade to a much better graphics card, without having to hassle much with the wife about getting one. :smile:

One thing for sure... changing or upgrading fans will have no effect at all on RAM usage.

Let us know.

CT

first,i play online games like counter strike.And then Gmod10.I've noticed the ram usage when i'm playing Garry's Mod 10.I'm not messing with my computer up to 5 days,and i've noticed that my computers ram usage is dropped to %20.The cooling must have an effect.

second,i think it's my power supply fan"the big one".+ i can hear my fan when i'm in toilet "LOL".I always play at "low" settings.But everytime the ram usage flew up to %50!But now it reduced a bit.MUCH more low ram usage,MUCH more low lag,i think it's solved.Thank you Crazy Tim!

BTW,thank you too solbjerg!

I'll try cleaning the fans,THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME!

second,i think it's my power supply fan"the big one".+ i can hear my fan when i'm in toilet "LOL"

Well, if your computer isn't in the bathroom :lol: , then a fan could be having a problem wearing out if it's that loud. I'm not too sure how easy it is to get a fan replacement for a power supply. I've never had to do that. It might be that you'll end up needing to get a new power supply. I guess the power supply manufacturer would be the place to start if you are sure that is the problem fan -- and the computer isn't still under warranty.

Maybe you can run the computer with the case open and isolate the loud fan. If it's hard to differentiate, use something like a ruler to touch the case of each of the fans and listen with your ear close to the other end. This could isolate the loud fan easier as sound travels better through solids than through air.

It also could be that the power supply has to cool more when programs with intense graphics are running since the graphics card is getting it's power from the power supply. (duh.) Graphic cards tend to be high power users compared to a lot of the other computer components. Usually, when you shop for a graphics card, they will indicate the minimal power supply necessary to use them. Generally, the more sophisticated and powerful the graphics card, the larger the power supply it will need.

FWIW.

CT

Hi Guy

The most important to keep cool is the cpu, but of course nothing should run at too high a temperature.

If you go into ASC/tools/admin/system information/and drive you can see what your current temperature is.

If you go into BIOS you can see what the default temperature settings are - you can even change them- but that I won't recommend.

This will give you an idea about how the cooling is holding up and you can then decide if you want to clean or to replace a fan or two.

Cheers

solbjerg

first,i play online games like counter strike.And then Gmod10.I've noticed the ram usage when i'm playing Garry's Mod 10.I'm not messing with my computer up to 5 days,and i've noticed that my computers ram usage is dropped to %20.The cooling must have an effect.

second,i think it's my power supply fan"the big one".+ i can hear my fan when i'm in toilet "LOL".I always play at "low" settings.But everytime the ram usage flew up to %50!But now it reduced a bit.MUCH more low ram usage,MUCH more low lag,i think it's solved.Thank you Crazy Tim!

BTW,thank you too solbjerg!

I'll try cleaning the fans,THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME!

Hi Guy

You must be - RAM doesn't emit any sound :-)

If your peeing doesn't drown out the sound of your fans, - I'll advise you to replace them. :-)

If it is the disks in your hardisk and the reading heads that make that much noise I think you should get a new harddisk.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for the info.Solbjerg and CrazyTim.I didn't know that :lol:"I'm NOT lying on the ram sound!" :lol:

Archived